"There's a Foreign Land That is Calling Me . . . ." vikingrider's Profile
Not for the faint hearted ( or faint seated for that matter), seeing the interior of Iceland on horseback is a marvelous adventure that challenges body and spirit.
A wonderful way to explore the Pelion Penninsula is on horseback. You go into the deep forests, emerge in high platos where goats graze, descend to the white sand beaches, stay in little villages and enjoy the local taverna at night, and finally, swim with your horse in the sea!
Crete is a marvelous Island with very friendly people, gorgeous beaches, great food and the most amazing evidence of the Minoan culture.
I believe this to be the most interesting place I've ever been. If you love art, archeology, architecture, people, the ocean, mountains, horseback riding, water sports, hiking, camping, nightlife, Crete has it all.
Yes, it IS easy to drive here and you don't need to speak Greek, German or anything else for that matter! The people are wonderful.
As part of a combined country trip, Portugal stands out as "unspoiled" Europe. Until you've seen Portugal in spring, you can't imagine: cork orchards with their twisted tree trunks forming sculptures in the bright sunlite. The filtering light makes the light green foliage underneath just glisten. Along the roads are native white calla lillies.
and this is just the start!
A trip to southern Italy was quite the experience! A friend and I went there, were constantly lost, but stumbled upon the greatest ruins and museums far from the usual tourist places.
We had a series of adventures that make Chevy Chase's "European Vacation" look like an AARP cruise!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 18 Reviews
- 153 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Horse Trekking in Ireland"
- updated a Ireland Travelogue "Horse Trekking in Ireland"
- Wrote a Review convenient to Shannon Airport in Ireland Hotels
- Commented on one of Joenes's Crete Island travel pages
- Posted in Travel Doolin Forum "Staying in Doolin, no car, how..."
created their Personal Page "Romania in Autumn 2005"
PhotosSee All Photos (153)
Top 5 Pages
- Romania Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 1 review, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.