Istanbul Shopping Tips by ophiro
Istanbul Shopping: 304 reviews and 492 photos
Turkish Carpets are well known carpets in the world because of their quality.
You will find good capret stores in the Grand bazaar and on other places.
If you want to buy a carpet be prepared for a long sit and watch for many carpets until you will find the one that you like.
The sellers will be happy to answer your questions and explain about the carpets.
What to buy: Carpets
What to pay: The carpets can be small or very big , very old or new ones.
If you want to buy spices from all kinds the best place to check is the spices bazaar that also known as the egyptian bazaar.
The location of the bazaar is in Eminonu very close to the New Mosque.
What to buy: Spices , Turkish Delights.
The sellers are very friendly and if you want to taste something they will let you taste it.
What to pay: Depends on what you are buying
Directions: In front of the new mosque - Eminonu
Metrocity is a big mall for turkish people because it is not located near the touristic areas.
If you want to get to this mall you should go to Levent.
This is a big mall with 4 or 5 floors , a lot of restaurants , fashion designers stores and more.
You will find here some good things.
The mall is open between 10:00 am and 10:00 pm.
Address: Buyukdere st. No:171 - 1. Levent
Directions: There is a metro from taksim to Levent
Phone: 0 212 282 49 51
Bagdat Street or Bagdat Cadessi (sounds like Bah'dat) is a big street in kadikoy and it is not in the touristic area.
this is where you can buy some expensive things like Zara , marks & spencer and feel like in Europe.
What to buy: This is a big street for more expensive things than in the bazaars.
Address: Bagdat Street (Bagdat caddesi)
Store in the greand bazaar
If you want to buy Jewellery you wil find a lot of stores in the grand bazaar with some amazing things !
There are streets in the bazaar that is full with only jewellery stores.
What to buy: Jewelley of course !
The Grand Bazaar
The grand bazaar is a very big covered bazaar with many streets inside and a lot of stores.
You can find here shirts , jewelery , lamps , leather , music instruments , carpets and many more.
When you want to buy something bargain for the price it is a known custom in Turkey.
What to buy: you can find jewelery , clothes , leather , antiques and many many more.
What to pay: Depends on what you want to buy - they also accept Euro , USD and of course YTL.
More Reviews (89)
- See All The french street - La rue Francaise
- See All Money exchange
- See All The Grand Bazaar
- See All Ciragan Palace Hotel
- See All Rumeli Hisari
- See All Tea Seller
ophiro's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Explore the World
- Koreshan State Park Hotels
- Kampung Mercang Hotels
- Portsalon Hotels
- Kampung Bota Kanan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 95 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- Posted in Travel Budapest Forum "Re: Duty Free question"
- Commented on one of gilabrand's Istanbul travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Carlton Hotel - Don't Waste your time here !"
- Wrote a Review The french street - La rue Francaise about Beyoglu in Istanbul Things to Do
- updated a Istanbul Travel Page "Istanbul"
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 152 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 143 reviews, 138 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 95 reviews, 98 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 82 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 75 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv District Intro, 78 reviews, 73 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 60 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caesarea Intro, 36 reviews, 43 photos
- Turkey Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (17)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Istanbul hotel reviews
- Erten Konak
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Sirkeci Park Hotel
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Bebek Hotel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Nezih Hotel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Hotel Istanblue
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2013
- Neverland Hostel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 5, 2013
- Allstar Taksim Select
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2007
- Welcome Grand Oztanyk Hotel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Zagreb Hotel
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Sultanahmet Palace
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- A'Jia Hotel
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Sipahi Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Allstar Grand Yavuz Hotel
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Topkapi Palace- 305 Reviews, 709 Photos
- Agia Sophia - Ayasofya- 299 Reviews, 707 Photos
- Grand Bazaar- 108 Reviews, 186 Photos
- Blue Mosque - Sultanahmet- 246 Reviews, 539 Photos
- Bosphorus River- 109 Reviews, 192 Photos
- Galata Tower- 100 Reviews, 223 Photos
- Taksim Square- 35 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Princes Islands- 29 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Basilica Cistern - Yerebatan Saray- 104 Reviews, 211 Photos
- Dolmabahce Palace- 105 Reviews, 242 Photos
See All Istanbul Things to Do