"Petah Tikwa - This is where i live" Petah Tiqwa by ophiro

Petah Tiqwa Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 59 photos

Petah Tiqwa - My Hometown

I was born in petah tiqwa - the meaning of this name is "entrance of hope" or something like that.
all of my life i lived here.

Petach-Tikva was founded in the year 1878 (on 8/8) by a group of pioneers from Jerusalem.
This is one of israels oldest cities.

Petah Tikva - Why i put this place on the VT map ?

Some people here on VT told me that my hometown is not a place i should put for tourists to see but i think i should put this page because of the following reasons :
1. this is where i live and if someone wants to read about the place i live i can't hide it.
2. although it is not a touristic place some of the people come to israel for work and not only tourism and Petah tikva has the second largest industrial area so this is a popular place.

Petah Tikva is one of the oldest cities in Israel but because of poor preservation there are no major sights for tourism.

What is so nice in Petah Tikva beside the fact that i live here ?

Some of the most important companies in Israel are located here :
IBM, Intel , Alcatel , Eci , Oracle , Taldor , Gilat , Team for the high tech.
012.net , Bezeqint , Internet Gold and Barak are from the 4 top ISP's in Israel.
Osem one of the biggest comapnies in the food industry is here also.
The best martial arts teachers teach here - Sifu Sapir tal my Kung fu Teacher , Roni Kluger one of the most famous Karate teachers in Israel and Yaron Binyamini a kung fu teacher.

The best hospitals are located here in Petah Tikva - Beilinson and schneider.

• Pros:big but still quiet and a nice place
  • Cons:Not a Touristic place
  • In a nutshell:My hometown - come and say hello
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2006

• moppys's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2010 at 5:02 AM

Yad La-Banim: For the boys. There is no dagesh after lamed so it could only be Yad levanim which incorrect of course. Very common mistake... That's the problem when signs are not punctuated.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2008 at 8:13 AM

Do you know of any good apartments for sale in Petah Tikva? My son wants to buy one.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 11:08 AM

an interesting page & some updates again, Ophir ! You live in a great place !!

• alywang's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 3:08 AM

I like the flowers, and you look a kind of cool^-^

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2006 at 6:33 PM

This is where Tammy my Israeli girlfriend came from.We met on Kibbutz Kfar Hamaccabi. I was a Goy and her parents religious so I slept at a water melon stand close to her house run by two arab boys. I seriously considered converting. OUCH...Tim

• Sibbella's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2006 at 2:03 PM

You are proud of where you come from and that is the most important thing. I am proud of my home town also and I have it on my travel page as well.. more work needs to be done though on it.

• Mar 9, 2006 at 9:18 AM

I am glad to see that you are proud of your town. I was born in Petch Tikva. I now live in Long Island, New York. I do have a cousin that lives in Petch Tikva.

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2005 at 6:09 AM

Why can't people learn to cooperate in the world, then medical, environmental, etc. progress would be be expedited. Israel is foremost in brains and technology but their neighbors are .....?

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2005 at 10:05 PM

Good that you are concerned to show us some great scenes of israel that people does not know so often...YOUR PAGES ARE LESSONS TO US!

• mikkie50's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2005 at 10:24 AM

hi freind great oics and info on your home town. cool :-))

ophiro Lives Here!

ophiro

“It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom (braveheart)”

Badges & Stats in Petah Tiqwa

Have you been to Petah Tiqwa?

Latest Activity in Petah Tiqwa