"Welcome to Ophir's Homepage" ophiro's Profile
Because of some jealous VT members someone has deleted my pages so i am making new homepage.
4 Years of work are gone.
All the pictures and tips are mine - if you want to say something good or bad let me know.
If you think i took something from another website let me know because everything was written by me.
If you don't like my tips or the pictures leave my page and enjoy someone else's page
I worked hard on my pages and i will appreciate any comment from you , please rate my tips and comment my pages so i will know what is good and what is not on my pages.
Right now i am working on my Amsterdam page - Culture and chaos..
Budapest - One of the most beautiful cities in Europe
Eilat - The most southern city.
Jerusalem - The holy city and the capital of Israel.
Akko - mixture of Jews and Arabs , Templars and Bahai.
Rosh Ha'nikra - Unique Nature reserve.
Istanbul - Blend of east and west , Europe and asia.
Haifa - The biggest city in the northern area.
Israel - My country.
Zichron Yaakov - The small Provance in Israel.
Ceasarea - Old city on the shores of the sea.
Masada - Symbol for courage.
En Boqeq - on the shores of the dead sea.
Tel Aviv - The biggest city in Israel.
Vatican city - Holy place for Christians.
Edinburgh - One of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Blair Atholl - Home of the white castle.
Venice - City of Canals.
Prague - My Honeymoon Destination.
my name is Ophir and i live in Israel near The biggest city Tel Aviv.
When i travel i love going to places i dont have in israel , cold places with great castles , lakes and quiet places.
you can message me here or on my website with everything you want to say or know.
Well , you know my name is ophir ,
i was born in 1978 and i lived all my life in a city called petah-tikva (the meaning of the name is "entrance for hope" or something like that) - its one of the oldest cities in israel (founded on 8/8/1878) and it is 20 minutes driving from our biggest city TEL AVIV.
i study computers and economics in the university.
I work as an information security specialist in one of the biggest companies in Israel.
A lot of people ask me "What is the meaning for your name ?" and now i will explain it to you : Ophir (sounds like o'fear) was a kingdom with gold and diamonds in the bible - on king solomon's days.
It can be also translated as "Gold Field".
Here i will write more about myself - common questions , favorites , hobbies and more.
If you want me to add something here just ask.
My Favorite movies : (saw them more than 10 times each)
1. Once upon a time in china
2. Face Off
Favorite cold drinks :
1. Pepsi Max
2. Soda water
3. Ice tea
Favorite Food :
1. Pasta (cream sauce with cheese) - and all Italian foods - lasagna , calzone , pizza
3. Good meat
Favorite Alcohol drinks :
2. Bitter drinks - Jagermeister , Chartreuse , Ramzzoti
3. Beer - Guinness , Floreffe , Dark beers.
I DONT smoke.
I play guitar since 1994 and you can see My Guitar Gear on the picture - Laney Tube amp , Boss ME-8 Multi Effect and the Jewel of the crown My Custom-made fender with the scalloped neck (Yngwie malmsteen style) , EMG Active pickups , Sperzel and wilckinson Tremolo.
I Practice kung fu since 1998.
The kung fu style is Southern Praying Mantis.
Right now my new hobby is bicycle and i am riding to work every day.
I bought GT Avalanche 1.0 2005 and after i will get a better shape i hope to ride my bicycle in a trail called Israel trail - it is a trail from north israel (Mt Hermon) to Eilat.
I love to take a lot of pictures when i am in a new place and my digital camera (i have an old Olympus c-765UZ and a new Sony DSLR Alpha 100) is working hard.
While i am taking pictures my favorite option is Night pictures and long exposure so some of my pictures might look professional but all of the pictures in my pages are mine and i can prove it.
In this chapter i will write about my favorite places and change it from time to time so come back to see it.
The things i want to do :
1. To ride my bicycle across Israel - This is called the israel bike trail and it is something like 900km from The Hermon Mt to Eilat.
2. To trek in Nepal and Mount Everest
3. Take pictures of the aurora borealis in Alaska
4. Fjord sightseeing in Norway
5. Visit every region in the United States of America
6. Practice Kung fu in Shaolin Temple in China
Of course i want a lot of things but those are the most desired things.
Feel free to let me know what you think about this list
My Favorite Castles :
1. Schloss Neuschwanstein - Germany - Bavaria.
2. Edinburgh Castle - Scotland.
3. Blair Castle - Scotland
My Favorite Cities in Israel:
1. Petah Tiqwa - My Hometown
2. Tel Aviv - Yaffo
My Favorite Places in Israel:
1. The dead sea area
2. The Northen District
My Favorite Cities outside Israel:
1. Prague - Czech Republic
2. Edinburgh - Scotland
3. Venice - Italy
4. Budapest - Hungary
Top 3 VT members to my opinion:
1. Michael - globetrott
2. Mark - mtncorg
3. Martin - Martin s.
The 3 M's - so i can add also : ME , Myself ;-) just kidding.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Oct 31, 2005
Some alcoholic beverages i bought on my trips
Written Oct 27, 2005
Castles that i liked
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,548 Reviews
- 1,792 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 51 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
- ophiro and balhannah are now friends.
- Wrote a Review For TeddyBear Lovers in Rothenburg ob der Tauber Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "For TeddyBear Lovers"
- created a Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Page "Rothenburg ob der Tauber"
- Posted in Travel Budapest Forum "Re: Duty Free question"
- Commented on fischert's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Ophir's Homepage"
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 152 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 143 reviews, 138 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 95 reviews, 98 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 82 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 75 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv District Intro, 78 reviews, 73 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 60 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caesarea Intro, 36 reviews, 43 photos
- Turkey Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos