"Black River Falls, or just north of it." Black River Falls by Tom_In_Madison
Black River Falls Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos
Me and a couple other guys went camping/mountain biking here in September of 2005. It's got great trails, maybe the best in the state. Name of the trail system is Levis-Trow. They say they have about 20 miles of singletrack trail, but it seems like more.
Lot of hills, including 2 points that dead-end high on bluffs-and you can stop and look out and see trees in 270 degrees, and you're about 150 feet above the tallest ones and the trail is only about 10 feet wide at this point-scary. Absolutely beautiful.
The trail system is right near a little town called Hatfield, 10 miles north of BRF.
We camped at Black River Falls State Forest - East Fork campground.
My view when I unzipped my tent in the morning ------------------------------->
- Pros:after 6 hrs of riding on a hardtail, you're still not sore.
- In a nutshell:best singletrack biking in the state
Tom_In_Madison's Related Pages
Black River Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Friendly and never far from nature"
- "Black river Falls"
- "Black River Falls, or just north of it."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Black River Falls
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Black River Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Black River Falls
Photos in Black River FallsSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madison Intro, 58 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 11 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- San José Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milwaukee Intro, 9 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monteverde Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 4 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues