"Very German city on the Ohio River." Cincinnati by Tom_In_Madison
Cincinnati Travel Guide: 673 reviews and 1,650 photos
They have the biggest Oktoberfest celebration in the US in mid-September. German, American domestic and microbrews are everywhere for this. German food and desserts also and a few other things make it up. Large Chicken Dance celebration on the last day, which would account for the people wearing those goofy chicken hats (though coming from Wisconsin where they wear cheese on their heads, I shouldn't talk). Interesting coincidence the Brewers were playing here the same weekend as Oktoberfest? A lot of blue in the stands.
Home of the Cincinnati Reds baseball team, with a nice new stadium.
Nice fans, didn't harass the visiting teams fans at all. I saw a Brewers/Reds series here that weekend also. Brewers won all 3. :)
A nice farmers market area just outside of the nice downtown area, had to walk thru a few blocks of dilapidated buildings to get there and a few shady characters.
Funky rather large vegan/veggie restaurant on Ludlow St, about a 45 minute walk from downtown. A skyline chili is a... more travel advice
Tom_In_Madison's Related Pages
Cincinnati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seven Hills of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati, Ohio: The Queen City"
- "A Taste Of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati Ohio."
- "Low place like home, Cincinnati, Ohio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cincinnati
- Hotels in Cincinnati
- Transportation in Cincinnati
- Nightlife in Cincinnati
- Restaurants in Cincinnati
- Shopping in Cincinnati
- Warnings and Dangers in Cincinnati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cincinnati
- 2 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Cincinnati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cincinnati
Photos in CincinnatiSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madison Intro, 58 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 11 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- San José Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milwaukee Intro, 9 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monteverde Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 4 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues