"Firenze, Italia" Florence by Tom_In_Madison

Florence Travel Guide: 5,156 reviews and 11,389 photos

Had a day or so in Florence, not long enough--didn't even see David, but it was so hot it was just as well. There is a huge replica of David right in the main plaza though.

Parts of it were very beautiful. The plaza was really nice, I wish we had more plazas here.

My dining experiences weren't all that great. I made the mistake of eating near the plaza, and methinks I should have went off the beaten path.

The main church on the plaza has many memorials inside. The tomb of Michaelangelo is here, as are many other things. No bare arms or shorts allowed in teh church, just like in most churches in Italy.

The main plaza in the city. Little restaurants around it (but you might do better going off the main plaza for food), and little carts and such selling things around it.

• Last visit to Florence: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 2, 2006

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2010 at 9:56 AM

A bit like our experience, The art galleries were closed for some reason, and someone tried to pick up my husband in a public toilet- and he wasn't drunk. So, we sat by the Arno for a while and ate ice cream.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 2:57 AM

Sounds like you will just have to get back to Florence one day, have some decent food and see the real David!

Tom_In_Madison

“From near to far, from here to there, funny things are everywhere. -- Dr Seuss.”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence