"Mauritania." Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania by pfsmalo
Mauritania Travel Guide: 647 reviews and 1,989 photos
Mauritania is a country of great contrast, between the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Sahara desert on the other. From the soaring temperatures during the day to the sometimes negative ones in the early morning. The empty roads also in sharp contrast with the sprawls and heavy congestion of Nouadhibou and Nouakchott. Although 100% Muslim the kids of Mauritania are as open and friendly towards the photographer as anywhere that I've been on the continent.
Whether you're in Nouakchott or further up the coast in the Banc d'Arguin national park you can't fail to catch some fabulous sunsets over the Atlantic.
Not a great deal to be seen unless you venture into the Banc d'Arguin apart from the customary dromedaries.
I couldn't really recommend this place to anyone, but the trouble is there's nothing else for a couple of hundred kms.... more travel advice
This is the 2nd time I've been down to the beach in the late afternoon, and it's still fascinating. more travel advice
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Mauritania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mauritania - The Land of the Moors"
- "Looking for Gaia"
- "Salaam! Yakhe Lebass!"
- "My trip to Mauritania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mauritania
- Hotels in Mauritania
- Transportation in Mauritania
- Nightlife in Mauritania
- Restaurants in Mauritania
- Shopping in Mauritania
- Warnings and Dangers in Mauritania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mauritania
- 21 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Mauritania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mauritania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 367 reviews, 1473 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 35 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 111 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 20 reviews, 95 photos