"Goblin Valley State Park." Top 5 Page for this destination Goblin Valley State Park by pfsmalo

Goblin Valley State Park Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 70 photos

I was looking forward to this visit as I'd been past here on 2 separate occasions and hadn't found the time to go in. Only a State Park since 1964 it is almost an "off the beaten path" in itself, as there are very few people that make the turn off, preferring the larger National Parks. Once again I had to be disappointed with the result as the day we were there, there happened to be a tornado type of wind. Of course we paid our $7 to take the car in before finding out. Many strange shapes to be found in the eroded sandstone but it was difficult taking photos through the stocking I had wrapped around the camera. No surprise at all that apart from the gateman, we didn't see anyone. We tried walking around for a while but finally the dust drove us away.

When we came in October 2009, the Temple Mountain road from Hwy 24 was being graded and supposedly tarmacced, so take care with your tyres through there. Hopefully finished by Spring 2010.

• Last visit to Goblin Valley State Park: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 7, 2010

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Too bad about all the wind and dust, but otherwise this looks like a weird and wonderful place to visit.

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2011 at 5:35 AM

Wow, Paul! Great photos for taking them through a plastic bag!!!

pfsmalo

“"I've spent all me money on whisky and beer!!" ”

Badges & Stats in Goblin Valley State Park

Have you been to Goblin Valley State Park?

Latest Activity in Goblin Valley State Park