"Baltimore, County Cork." Baltimore by pfsmalo
Baltimore Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 44 photos
At the end of the road from Skibbereen is the tiny harbour of Baltimore, point to catch a ferry to Sherkin or Cape Clear islands. Its main claim to fame is that it is the largest village in the parish of Rath, the southernmost parish in Ireland. The Algiers Inn, in the main street reminds one of the attack by pirates in 1631.
Baltimore castle has been renovated and is open to the public. Built in 1215 by a Lord Sleynie, and stood for 300-odd years until the infamous Oliver Cromwell arrived in Ireland and garrisoned some of his troops here.
Bushe's pub has a large outdoor terrace where on a fine evening there is no better spot to catch the sunset.
Just a short stop between Baltimore and Skibbereen to have a look at Inish Beg island, a private estate and gardens with... more travel advice
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two guys from Baltimore, Md in Baltimore, Ireland"
- "BALTIMORE CHARMING SMALL VILLAGE"
- "Baltimore, County Cork."
- "Dún na Séad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 337 reviews, 1337 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 35 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 111 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue