"Clifden" Top 5 Page for this destination Clifden by pfsmalo
Clifden Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 193 photos
Clifden is a tidy little town out in the west of Connemara and considered the capital. Colourful parades of shops and friendly people. Not far from here is the first transatlantic wireless telegraphy station set up by Marconi in 1905/7where worked for a time, Jack Phillips, to become the wireless operator of the doomed "Titanic". Also close to the Marconi station is where Alcock and Brown landed in a peat bog after the first transatlantic flight in 1919.
Always a nice thing to do in the small towns with their colourful shop facades and the friendly faces. more travel advice
Just 20 kms from Clifden is the superb Kylemore Abbey. Begun in 1867 by Mitchell Henry to house his family after they... more travel advice
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Clifden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Clifden - The Unofficial Capital of the Connemara"
- "Clifden, the best Irish music I heard"
- "THE EDGE AND SKY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clifden
- Hotels in Clifden
- Transportation in Clifden
- Restaurants in Clifden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clifden
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (159)
Have you been to Clifden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clifden
Photos in ClifdenSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 407 reviews, 1569 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 38 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 28 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Trinidad Intro, 25 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue