"Ennistimon - Gateway to the cliffs of Moher." Ennistimon by pfsmalo
Ennistimon Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 28 photos
A typical small Irish village, compact and colourful. The main street has quite a few prettily painted shopfronts and under a small arch a signposted path leads to an overview of the weir and bridge over the river Inagh. Also famous is the Eugene's pub on Main street where some episodes of the "Father Ted" comedy series was filmed, and also has the "James Joyce" award for being an authentic Irish pub. Ennistimon is also known to have had over 40 pubs and drinking establishments, at that time for 1500 habitants!!! I'd loved to have had a look inside Nagle's, being a bar and an undertakers. I suppose that those who couldn't make it home always had somewhere "comfortable" to sleep it off.
A few miles north-west from here lies the even more well-know "Cliffs of Moher".
The Cliffs of Moher lie just north of Ennistimon and run for approx. 8 kms from the watchtower at Nags Head at a height... more travel advice
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Ennistimon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ennistimon - Gateway to the cliffs of Moher."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ennistimon
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Ennistimon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ennistimon
Photos in EnnistimonSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 337 reviews, 1337 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 35 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 111 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue