"Kilfenora." Kilfenora by pfsmalo

Kilfenora Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 57 photos

Kilfenora is a lively little village with its own three pubs that on different nights have traditional music and/or set dancing. Also well known for its series of "High Crosses", that have now almost all been moved into the recently artificial roofed part of the ruined Abbey. The gateway to the Burren area has other sites within 30 mins of architectural and megalithic interests, plus of course the Cliffs of Moher.
Musical interest starts and stops with the renowned "Kilfenora Ceili Band", a couple of whose members played in Linnanes pub the night we were there. Founded over 100 years ago, the band is still going strong.

• Last visit to Kilfenora: Sep 2012
  • Intro Written Nov 8, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Lots of history and music here! Fine tips!

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Gosh, Paul, this was clearly an ardous and gruelling trip! :)
    I love this part of the world - especially the Burren (try as I might, I just can't kick those geological roots of mine). I have family in Ennis and I loved visiting this area as a child.
    Looking forward to reading more!

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
      Nov 11, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Ouch!!! Don't think it'll be featuring any time soon on our radar either, then! Time for you and the lovely Cathy to come back to the parts of Africa where things are still affordable!
      We've had a lovely child-free weekend (Xandra was on scout camp and Wolfie had a sleepover with a friend), so Markus and I actually got to have an adult meal out to celebrate his birthday. It also gave us a chance to plot a possible break just after Christmas ... leopards never change their spots!

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
      Nov 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Lucky you, just had our grandkids for 8 days (school holidays)

pfsmalo

“"I've spent all me money on whisky and beer!!" ”

Badges & Stats in Kilfenora

Have you been to Kilfenora?

Latest Activity in Kilfenora