"Avilés" Avilés by pfsmalo
Avilés Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 114 photos
This is a superb medieval town, not far from the Atlantic coast, full of arcades and narrow streets. The historic town centre is over a very reduced area so is possible to walk around without discomfort. There is the park Ferrera in the middle where you could also take an hour out to relax and watch the ducks and swans by the small lake.
Aviles is also the birthplace of Pedro Menendez, the founder of St. Augustine, Florida, U.S.A.
There is a lot more to see in Aviles than I saw and I've regretted not having spent more time walking the streets here. more travel advice
This street runs directly away from Plaza de Espana and has first the well known fountain of "Fuente de los Canos de San... more travel advice
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Avilés Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Avilés, Asturias"
- "Asturias, patria querida..."
- "Alaoliv's new Aviles Page"
- "Aviles, some city, some beach"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Avilés
- 4 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Avilés?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avilés
Photos in AvilésSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 336 reviews, 1336 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 35 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 111 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue