"Potes." Top 5 Page for this destination Potes by pfsmalo
Potes Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 150 photos
Potes is the capital of the Liebana region and is the gateway to the Picos de Europa via the Fuente De cable car. A superb medieval town, Potes suffered during the civil war but still retains most of the old quarter, the Barrio Viejo. Indeed looking at the main photo, one wonders how the houses are still standing.
In summer it can be quite crowded as people flock in to participate in the many sports available from the many outfitters in town. Thr cable-car to Fuente De is only 23 kms from here.
On your way out from Potes towards Santander or the other way round, the road follows the Deva river and cuts through... more travel advice
Once on top of the teleferico at Fuente De there is a myriad of trails to take, even all the way back down to the bottom... more travel advice
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Potes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "POTES AND LIEBANA VALLEY- CANTABRIA"
- "The landscape around Potes and Fuente De"
- "Potes , Liébana , Picos de Europa"
- "The heart of the Picos de Europa"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Potes
- 10 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (157)
Have you been to Potes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Potes
Photos in PotesSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 407 reviews, 1569 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 38 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 28 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Trinidad Intro, 25 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue