"Ceret - Cherry country." Céret by pfsmalo

Céret Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 144 photos

I really enjoy Ceret, generally for its quietness out of season, its windy little streets and calm atmosphere. Being invited down by my wife's sister and brother in law, I thought ok, nice weekend by the swimming pool etc etc. The chosen weekend was the "CHERRY FESTIVAL". A little earlier this year than usual with a bumper crop. Turned into a horrendous weekend with dancing, music etc until all hours. The President of France is always the recipient of the first Ceret cherries. Market prices for the cherries were 2.50 euros a kilo or 7 euros for 3 kilos. Less than half the price of 2008 !!

• Last visit to Céret: Apr 2011
  • Intro Updated Apr 22, 2011

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I was drawn by your splendid main photo - that looks very delicious and the price of cherry tarts is super! I am hungry now :-)

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM

You are so lucky to be able to wander these wonderful little towns, Paul. The priory looks sensational.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I hope the President of France makes a personal visit to Céret every year to collect his cherries. After looking at the map I think I may have come through here on my bicycle once, on my way from Girona to Perpignan. (Nearly half a century ago.)

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM

A whole festival dedicated to cherries? I LOVE cherries! It would be great to be there for that. The Serrabonne priory looks great too.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2011 at 3:23 AM

The Cherry festival sounds like fun! Don't you have a go at the spitting contest?

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Lovely pictires and I am very fond of cherries - but we have always been too early in the year in Céret to taste them there.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM

the cherries were in season when i was driving around Bulgaria 2 weeks with many for sale along the roadsides - I should have stopped and bought - no doubt very delicious.

pfsmalo

“Well I'm standing next to a mountain......Voodoo Chile - (Slight Return)... Jimi Hendrix”

Badges & Stats in Céret