"Amboseli NP" Amboseli National Park by pfsmalo
Amboseli National Park Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 373 photos
I found Amboseli a park of two distinct shades. On the one hand there seemed to be plenty of water in parts of the marshland and on the other some parts were dry as a bone, especially on arrivel via Namanga. Plumes of white dust followed us down the roads and it was impossible at times to have a window or the roof open. Only 230 kms from Nairobi the park has the tremedous backdrop of Kilimandjaro to offset the dust problems and pretty soon the cameras were clicking. But this is a tremendous viewing spot for elephants, the park seemed to teem with them, around 1600 of them including 300 bulls.
Plenty of other wild-life to watch and try to spot, gazelles, zebra, giraffes and birds. Also spotted our first lions of the safari, a couple of lionesses hunting.
Quite interesting until the visit was over and we had to file through the Maasai "market". As it was our first day... more travel advice
The pleasure of a safari is not limited to lions and elephants, there are plenty of other animals out there to wonder... more travel advice
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Amboseli National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Shadows of Mt Kilimanjaro"
- "AMBOSELI: DUST BOWL & SWAMP!"
- "In the shadow of the Kilimanjaro"
- "On the foot of Kilimanjaro"
- "Amboseli National Park"
- "Elephants of Amboseli"
- "AMBOSELI 1"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amboseli National Park
- Hotels in Amboseli National Park
- Transportation in Amboseli National Park
- Nightlife in Amboseli National Park
- Restaurants in Amboseli National Park
- Shopping in Amboseli National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Amboseli National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Amboseli National Park
- 9 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Amboseli National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amboseli National Park
Photos in Amboseli National ParkSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 336 reviews, 1336 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 35 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 111 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue