"Mai Chau." Mai Chau by pfsmalo
Mai Chau Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 94 photos
Mai Chau was the first stop on our trip to the North and West of Hanoi and we were immediately into the ethnic minorities community. Arriving by the mountains from Hanoi, there is a panoramic view of the rice fields and Mai Chau itself. The main town is nothing in itself, but once you're out in the small villages that make up the place it is a different world. This would be our first homestay in the village of Ban Van as against the village of Pom Koong which it seems is becoming overwhelmed by the tourist industry. But of course economics dictate the needs of the villagers.
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Mai Chau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mai Chau 15/3/08 - 16/3/08"
- "Mai Chau."
- "Mai Chau Vietnam - Filming for Buffalo Tours"
- "Green Field, High Mountain, and Blue Sky"
- "Lovely valley"
- "Shopping and great scenery"
- "See Mai Chau of Vietnam"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mai Chau
- Hotels in Mai Chau
- Nightlife in Mai Chau
- Shopping in Mai Chau
- Warnings and Dangers in Mai Chau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mai Chau
- 5 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (81)
Have you been to Mai Chau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mai Chau
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- created a Mai Chau Travelogue "White Thai people of Mai Chau."
- Uploaded a Photo to "White Thai people of Mai Chau."
- Wrote a Review Walk around the villages, Mai Chau II. in Mai Chau Things to Do
- Commented on one of balhannah's Mai Chau travel pages
Photos in Mai ChauSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 337 reviews, 1337 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 35 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 111 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 20 reviews, 95 photos