"Phu Quoc island." Top 5 Page for this destination Phu Quoc by pfsmalo
Phu Quoc Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 297 photos
In fact you could say an island with nobody as apart from the capital Duong Dong and the main port of An Thoi, to find more than 20 people assembled in the same place is hard. But this is why so many people come here. It really is a getaway from it all type of place. Excepting around the 2 towns mentioned above even tarmac roads are rare, red dirt being the norm. Unfortunately this does mean that when it rains unless you have a jeep, practically impossible to move anywhere. On the good side as temperatures are always quite high it all dries out quickly enough.
Although the resorts or hotels are a fair distance from the towns, any one of them will help you arrange transport and excursions around the island, including days out fishing and snorkeling. There are also some great hiking trails, waterfalls to be seen, etc... Unless the beach is your thing, and there plenty of those.
Being such a small island with not that many visitors, it is quite easy to get close up to the people. Walking around the market of Duong Dong it seemed as much a pleasure for the stall holders to try to talk to us as it was for us.
- Pros:Ideal to get away from it all.
- Cons:If you want action or night life, it's not here.
- In a nutshell:A pleasure to find somewhere that still has some authenticity.
We found this restaurant not far from the port whilst waiting for the boat over to Phu Quoc. Good atmosphere and very... more travel advice
One day we hired a boat from An Thoi to take us out to the smaller islands for a fishing and snorkeling trip. For the 7... more travel advice
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Phu Quoc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A LITTLE Bit of Sand with that BEACH please!!!"
- "A week on Phu Quoc Island"
- "Phu Quoc"
- "Vietnam's top spot for beaching yourself!"
- "Phu Quoc island."
- "Located in the extreme south"
- "Phu Quoc - go as soon as you can"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phu Quoc
- Hotels in Phu Quoc
- Transportation in Phu Quoc
- Nightlife in Phu Quoc
- Restaurants in Phu Quoc
- Shopping in Phu Quoc
- Warnings and Dangers in Phu Quoc
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phu Quoc
- 7 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (157)
Have you been to Phu Quoc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phu Quoc
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 407 reviews, 1569 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 38 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 28 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Trinidad Intro, 25 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue