"HCMC or Saigon." Ho Chi Minh City by pfsmalo
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide: 3,166 reviews and 7,301 photos
Much more cosmopolitan than Hanoi or the other smaller cities, there is nonetheless a laid back feel to HCMC. Quite easy to walk around unless you want to go to Cholon but quite a few of the sights are quite close together. There are of course all the usual street sights such as this vendor anywhere you look.
This woman tried to sell me a ticket for a cruise on the Saigon river when I was close by. After 10 mins. of banter I told her I was leaving that afternoon, so no problem she says," do you want to take my photo ?". So I took a couple of shots and she walked away quite content. Me too !!
This was another chance meeting on a side street where the lady was sitting outside her house and I just walked up and asked politely if I could take her photo. I was very surprised when she said yes as quite a lot of the older people are reticent about photos.
This place on Pham Ngu Lao is a favourite of the backpacker area for all sorts of people. I liked this place for its... more travel advice
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saigon Saigon !"
- "IMPREXXION: HO CHI MINH CITY"
- "Former Saigon"
- "Ho Chi Minh City 29/3/08 - 3/4/08"
- "Ho Chin Minh City, the new Saigon"
- "Lost in Saigon!?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- Transportation in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City
- Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
- Shopping in Ho Chi Minh City
- Warnings and Dangers in Ho Chi Minh City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ho Chi Minh City
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (157)
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ho Chi Minh City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Ho Chi Minh City travel pages
- Wrote a Review Never thought I would die for a hamburger !! about Allez Boo in Ho Chi Minh City Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Never thought I would die for a hamburger !!"
- updated a Ho Chi Minh City Travel Page "HCMC or Saigon."
Photos in Ho Chi Minh CitySee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 407 reviews, 1569 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 38 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 28 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Trinidad Intro, 25 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue