"My trip to Broome" Top 5 Page for this destination Broome by Purpleshade
Broome Travel Guide: 177 reviews and 374 photos
Broome is a popular holiday destination on the northwest coast of Ausrtralia. It's climate is very different to the southwest coast where I live. It's very hot, wet and humid in the summer, and cooler and dry in the winter.
WINTER, not summer is the time to visit unless you can tolerate high temps and high humidity at the same time(in which case you can get bargain prices).
One of the outstanding things for me about Broome is the rich red colouration of the ground. The shells and coral on the beaches also become a reddish colour.
Tiny sand crabs live on the vast expanse of sand at Cable beach. They dig tunnels and roll out little balls of sand and leave them scattered in lovely patterns on the sand.
Port beach also has amazing rocks, red, black and sandy coloured, many glistening in the sun with fragnments of crystals in them. It has hermit crabs, they might give you a bit of a fright if you're shell collecting but are only small and don't pinch.
There are also red crabs and mud hoopers off Streeters Jetty.
This probably the thing I least expected to find at Cable Beach.
Everyone tells you to go and watch the sunset at Cable Beach, but no-one told me there were pyramids!
- Pros:Tropical climate without going to Asia. Lots of beautiful pearls and other interesting things to see.
- Cons:Very hot and humid most of the year.
My husband warned me of this as he's worked building roads in New Guinea. Coconuts are large and heavy and fall off... more travel advice
You can easily manage without your own transport in Broome, it's only a little place a few kilometres accross. When you... more travel advice
Written Jun 1, 2005
Sunset on Cable Beach
Written Jan 31, 2007
Mangroves at Broome
Purpleshade's Related Pages
Broome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Broome -gateway to the fabulous Kimberley"
- "My trip to Broome"
- "Broome for Beginners"
- "My new home."
- "Swept away by Broome."
- "Holiday Central"
- "Can We Stay For One More Sunset? - Broome - WA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Broome
- Hotels in Broome
- Transportation in Broome
- Nightlife in Broome
- Restaurants in Broome
- Shopping in Broome
- Warnings and Dangers in Broome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Broome
- 16 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Broome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Broome
Top 5 Pages
- Rockingham Intro, 35 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exmouth Intro, 30 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broome Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Perth Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues