"Rockingham, my home town." Top 5 Page for this destination Rockingham by Purpleshade
Rockingham Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 256 photos
I emigrated from UK about 10 years ago and have lived in Rockingham since, I now consider it to be my home town.
Map here for those who like to know where it is. http://www.whereis.com/whereis/getMap.do?ref=homeMap
Some people will consider Rockingham a sleepy little place. If you want the hustle and bustle of a city centre and exciting nightlife, it's probably not the place for you. If you want stunning beaches (lots of the them) parks with protected wildlife, long walks along the beachfronts and all the watersports you can think of, then you might like it here.
The summers are hot and dry, the winters mild with some rain (by European standard we don't really have a winter, there's never more than a very slight frost. It's more like spring, summer, very hot summer, more summer, autumn then spring again and it doesn't rain a lot even in winter.) It's July and I have Jonquils and Asters flowering and passionfriut ripening on the vine.
Point Peron is one of my favouite beaches in Rockingham. It is the only one with rocks!
It's a bit of a scramble to get down on the beach, but worth the effort.
We have often seen dolphins in the bay here.
To see more about Point Peron.
Our first Rockingham VT meet on the foreshore at Rockingham. from left to right, Howie(Ann's husband), Ann, myself, Sue, Sandra, Colin and Jethro(my husband).
To see more about Rockingham foreshore Click here
Within easy traveling distance of Rockingham:
Fremantle (40mins drive) Click here
Mandurah (40 mins drive) Click here
Perth (50-70 mins drive depending on traffic) Click here
- Pros:Beautiful beaches, parks, walks and watersports.
- Cons:HOT in summer.
- In a nutshell:Delightful laid back outdoor lifesyle.
Another pleasant drive from Rockingham is up into the hills to the Serpentine dams. These dams were built during the... more travel advice
This is a very ordinary looking fish and chip shop in Safety Bay, but has a large menu. Eight types of fish as well as... more travel advice
- See All Within easy access.
- See All We all go to Bunnings on the Public...
- See All The Big Ship
- Spacious camping ground.
Purpleshade's Related Pages
Rockingham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rockingham, my home town."
- "Rockingham, Western Australia"
- "A Fabulous Day at Rockingham!!"
- "Keeweechic's Rockingham"
- "SEASIDE CITY OF ROCKINGHAM"
- "Beautiful Rockingham"
- "An afternoon in Rockingham"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rockingham
- Hotels in Rockingham
- Transportation in Rockingham
- Restaurants in Rockingham
- Shopping in Rockingham
- Warnings and Dangers in Rockingham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rockingham
- 35 Reviews
- 119 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 58 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Rockingham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rockingham
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockingham Intro, 35 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exmouth Intro, 30 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broome Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fremantle Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Perth Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues