"Rockingham, my home town." Rockingham by Purpleshade

Rockingham Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 246 photos

Sunset from my garden in Rockingham

I emigrated from UK about 10 years ago and have lived in Rockingham since, I now consider it to be my home town.
Map here for those who like to know where it is. http://www.whereis.com/whereis/getMap.do?ref=homeMap
Some people will consider Rockingham a sleepy little place. If you want the hustle and bustle of a city centre and exciting nightlife, it's probably not the place for you. If you want stunning beaches (lots of the them) parks with protected wildlife, long walks along the beachfronts and all the watersports you can think of, then you might like it here.
The summers are hot and dry, the winters mild with some rain (by European standard we don't really have a winter, there's never more than a very slight frost. It's more like spring, summer, very hot summer, more summer, autumn then spring again and it doesn't rain a lot even in winter.) It's July and I have Jonquils and Asters flowering and passionfriut ripening on the vine.

Point Peron

Point Peron is one of my favouite beaches in Rockingham. It is the only one with rocks!
It's a bit of a scramble to get down on the beach, but worth the effort.
We have often seen dolphins in the bay here.

To see more about Point Peron.
Click here

Rockingham VT meet.

Our first Rockingham VT meet on the foreshore at Rockingham. from left to right, Howie(Ann's husband), Ann, myself, Sue, Sandra, Colin and Jethro(my husband).

To see more about Rockingham foreshore Click here

Within easy traveling distance of Rockingham:
Fremantle (40mins drive) Click here
Mandurah (40 mins drive) Click here
Perth (50-70 mins drive depending on traffic) Click here

• Pros:Beautiful beaches, parks, walks and watersports.
  • Cons:HOT in summer.
  • In a nutshell:Delightful laid back outdoor lifesyle.
  • Intro Updated Apr 25, 2008

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM

What was I thinking? What's the Rock-somthing-or-other place in Queensland/NSW? That's where I was thinking of! Sorry! Gillybob greetings

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 8:48 AM

G'day, Lesley! Your hometown is great! Good luck in the future!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2008 at 6:24 AM

saw you on VT Homepage, realsing that Family from Perth visit the Weeping Madonna shrine, i had to stop by ;-)))

• Apr 8, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Great page, I especially liked your local customs and would love to hear more of them ;)

• ricky52's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Great pages with some good information. I think that we might melt in that heat. lol

• Aafia's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Greetings from Cape Breton! Enjoyed your Rockingham pages, photos and tips. Looks like a great place to live. Cheers.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 7:51 PM

loved ur tips on wildlife, parks, christmas in july, shopping, etc. when i was in abu dhabi a radio station used to play an australian christmas carol made around 12 bomas (?) - kangaroos. i hope i remember the term correctly :-)

• Homanded's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Rotary Park looks like my kind of place, love the wildlife. LOL about the redhead jokes, they'd be laughing at me for sure. I fry to a crisp! Homer

• Tattugran's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 6:19 PM

my daughter's best friend moved to Rockingham.......she loves it.after looking at your page I can understand why.I must show my daughter next time she is here.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2006 at 4:03 AM

Lesley, Rockingham rocks :) Your tips are super duper. Macademia nuts arre yummy. Wading over sandbar is dangerous based on my own experience. Like the show bags and ugg shoes! Cheers, SL

Purpleshade Lives Here!

Purpleshade

“Don't argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and then win by experience”

Badges & Stats in Rockingham

Have you been to Rockingham?

Latest Activity in Rockingham