"My hometown Mikkeli" Top 5 Page for this destination Mikkeli by Chatte40
Mikkeli Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 105 photos
Mikkeli is located in North-East Finland, about 220 kilometers from Helsinki, capital.
This picture in from a park, called Kirkkopuisto.
At summer here was a steamboat-festival in Mikkeli harbour. There was about 30 different steamboats, and a lot of people enjoying a hot summerday!!!
Scene to a marketplace from library.
- Pros:Nice small and friendly town, good connections (by train, car, plane..) to other cities, many schools to study, beautiful landscapes by the lake Saimaa
- Cons:A small town (is it good or bad..), sometimes a little bit quiet culturally (in summertimes more lively), unemployment-% rather high
- In a nutshell:All the roads go to Mikkeli (or was it Rome...)
Chatte40's Related Pages
Mikkeli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A sweet small town"
- "Nice finnish town to visit in summer"
- "My hometown Mikkeli"
- "The jewel in the crown of Finnish Lakeland"
- "Headquarter town"
- "Not quite what you might expect......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mikkeli
- Hotels in Mikkeli
- Transportation in Mikkeli
- Nightlife in Mikkeli
- Restaurants in Mikkeli
- Shopping in Mikkeli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mikkeli
- 3 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mikkeli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mikkeli
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mikkeli Intro, 3 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savonlinna Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lac d' Annecy Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Krakow Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Tampere Intro, 3 photos
- La Clusaz Intro, 3 photos
- Petra Intro, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 1 photo
- Stockholm Intro, 1 photo