"Jaén, cathedral among olive trees" Top 5 Page for this destination Jaén by spanishguy

Jaén Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 149 photos

Jaén, catedral entre olivares

Jaén is an inland city, capital of the Province of Jaén and gate of Andalusia. Maybe, the whole city could be considered off the beaten path, but it's one of the thing I like of it. Its narrows and raise streets, its churches and palaces... and of course, its cathedral and its castle.
My Jaén web page is devoted to the city itself, not to the nearby and beautiful cities. They have their own website yet.

Jaén es una ciudad de interior, capital de la provincia de Jaén y puerta de Andalucía. Posiblemente se pueda creer que la propia ciudad está fuera de los circuitos turísticos, pero precisamente esta es una de las cosas que más me gusta de ella. Sus estrechas y empinadas calles, sus iglesias y palacios... y por su puesto, su catedral y su castillo.
Mi web de Jaén se dedica a la propia ciudad de Jaén, no a las demás ciudades cercanas. Ellas ya tienen su propia página.

The province of Jaén is very interesting, not only for its cities but for its natural places too. If Jaén is world wide known for something it is for its high quality olive oil. Everywere you look at there you'll see olive oil orchards, as you can see at my introductory picture. Do you see the outskirts of the city? Yes, they're olive trees.
In this province you can visit the gorgeous cities of Úbeda and Baeza, both protected by UNESCO. The city of Linares worth a visit too because it's one of the economic engine in the province. If you're searching for nature you'll not be disapointed too: let's go to Cazorla Park, where Guadalquivir river is born. I'm afraid I can show you any pictures of it because I have never been there yet. I hope I can do that pretty soon.

La provincia de Jaén es interesante, no sólo por sus ciudades, sino también por su naturaleza. Si Jaén es mundialmente conocida por algo es por su aceite de oliva. A cualquier sitio a donde mires verás olivares, como puedes ver en mi foto introductoria. ¿Te has fijado en los alrededores de la ciudad? Sí, son olivos.
En la provincia se pueden visitar bonitas ciudades como Úbeda y Baeza, ambas protegidas por la UNESCO. La ciudad de Linares merece también una visita porque es uno de los motores económicos de la provincia. Si buscas naturaleza tampoco te sentirás defraudado: vé al Parque de Cazorla, donde nace el rio Guadalquivir. Me temo que no podré enseñarte ninguna foto de este lugar porque todavía no lo he visitado. Espero hacerlo pronto.

• Pros:A city to be discovered
  • In a nutshell:A lovely city which mixes art and nature
  • Last visit to Jaén: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2006

• Feb 24, 2008 at 6:45 PM

oh jaen looks absolutely beautiful! what a shame i could not visit in my last visit to spain. thanks for sharing your wonderful photos and tips with us. greetings from australia :)

• Jan 21, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Hola. Nunca he estado en Jaen. Parece Bonito.

• Feb 20, 2007 at 6:32 AM

Hola, Just read your comments, which were excellent. I have bought a house in Martos, 24km from Jaen and we are renovating it. I will be staying in Martos and your comments on Jaen were of value to me. Ronnie

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Jaen looks like a beautiful town. It would be interesting to stay in a castle. And by the way, thanks for visiting my Spain page the other day.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2006 at 3:18 PM

What beautiful photos, wonderful architecture and I love those olive groves! I'm sure Jaen is often overlooked because Costa del Sol gets more traffic. I may have to put this one on my list!

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 2:20 PM

I've heard so much about Jaen and its cathedral. Now I know why. It's breathtaking! It was great to read your tips in Spanish and remember the classes I took some years ago.

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Ni Jaén ni tu nos podíais defraudar Muy buena página

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 12:55 AM

Nice work Antonio. The opening picture is breathtaking!

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 1:03 PM

Great tips! The Jaen's cathedral is beautiful and all the town, it is a great place to visit. Thanks for the tips.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2006 at 4:47 AM

Jaén really looks lovely! Like the idea of the castle converted into a hotel.

spanishguy

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”

Badges & Stats in Jaén