"KYOTO , the heart of Japan !" Kyoto by WStat
Kyoto Travel Guide: 1,941 reviews and 6,255 photos
The culture of Japan originated and developed primarily under the influence of Buddhism, and the preservation of that cultural inheritance falls largely to temples. It is no overstatement to call Kyoto, the Buddhist capital, a living art museum, blessed as it is with many famous and ancient temples. The rustic beauty of Asuka, the grace of Fujiwara, the grandeur of Kamakura, the profundity of Muromachi, the splendor of Momoyama... With superb artistry from every era, the city of Kyoto faithfully preserves Japan's precious cultural hierarchy.
It would yet be wrong, not to mention the socio-economic, technical and scientific progress Japan owes to its old capital.
- Pros:Japanese culture concentrated in1000 temples
- Cons:Your stay will be too short, even if it lasts for weeks !
- In a nutshell:Find some culture in yourself!
Especially in Kyoto the weather can be extremely hot, humid and taking all of your condition. Because one tends to... more travel advice
WStat's Related Pages
Kyoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kyoto is a must see for every tourist in Japan!"
- "Cultural Capital Kyoto"
- "WORLD OF ITS OWN (Kyoto,Nara,Osaka,Himeji & Kobe)"
- "KYOTO - THE HEART OF JAPAN"
- "City of two thousand shrines"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyoto
- Hotels in Kyoto
- Transportation in Kyoto
- Nightlife in Kyoto
- Restaurants in Kyoto
- Shopping in Kyoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyoto
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyoto
Photos in KyotoSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 51 reviews, 85 photos
- Seoul Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beruwala Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Kyongju Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentota Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos