"The demilitarized zone" Kangwon-do by WStat
Kangwon-do Travel Guide: 222 reviews and 925 photos
The Military Demarcation Line was established as the ceasefire line at the end of Korean War hostilities in 1953. The Military Demarcation Line runs over land; at sea, the two Koreas are divided by the Northern Limit Line.
This line is inside the DMZ, and runs near the 38th parallel, covering roughly 248 kilometers. United States and South Korea soldiers patrol this line along the South Korean side while North Korea People's Army patrol along the North Korean side.
The border can be watched from South Korea."Unification Observatory" presents historic data as well as some shops, offering Korean specialities, like Ginseng roots,spices, Kimchi, etc.
The observatory shop offers a lot of korean food and drink-specialities, spices,vitamins etc. Especially sought-after... more travel advice
WStat's Related Pages
Kangwon-do Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kangwon-do - Visit to Phoenix Park"
- "ESCAPE TO AMAZING KANGWONDO!"
- "The demilitarized zone"
- "Mountians, Beaches, Winter Sports Province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kangwon-do
- Hotels in Kangwon-do
- Transportation in Kangwon-do
- Nightlife in Kangwon-do
- Restaurants in Kangwon-do
- Shopping in Kangwon-do
- Warnings and Dangers in Kangwon-do
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kangwon-do
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Kangwon-do?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kangwon-do
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 51 reviews, 85 photos
- Seoul Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beruwala Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Kyongju Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentota Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos