"Up to the Golden Rock !" Kyaiktiyo by WStat
Kyaiktiyo Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 140 photos
The quiet and serene feeling makes the rather uncomfortable trip to the basis of the pilgrim-path to the Golden Rock worthwile, after having used the "official" transport-lorry up to the hotel.
Pilgrims bring thin pieces of gold to the holy rock and paste them at the surface. Only men are allowed to come close to the rock, while women have to stay about 10 feet outside, separated by a "women-barrier"
- Pros:one of the holyest places of Burma
- Cons:long and somewhat dangerous trip via lorry
- In a nutshell:more than worthwile
Kyaiktyo (pronounced 'CHAI-tee-oh') is one of the most revered holy places in Myanmar.The small village of Kyaikto lies... more travel advice
WStat's Related Pages
Kyaiktiyo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Balanced Boulder of Kyaiktiyo..."
- "Golden Rock"
- "Up to the Golden Rock !"
- "Kyaiktiyo Pagoda"
- "Magical mystical Kyaiktiyo"
- "The Familiar Golden Pagoda on the Rock"
- "Kyaiktiyo By Night"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyaiktiyo
- Hotels in Kyaiktiyo
- Transportation in Kyaiktiyo
- Nightlife in Kyaiktiyo
- Restaurants in Kyaiktiyo
- Shopping in Kyaiktiyo
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyaiktiyo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyaiktiyo
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Kyaiktiyo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyaiktiyo
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 51 reviews, 85 photos
- Seoul Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beruwala Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Kyongju Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentota Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos