"Valley of Beopjusa and Songnisan" Ch'ungju by WStat
Ch'ungju Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 37 photos
Songnisan is a mountain and National Park in South Korea. It lies in the Sobaek mountains along the border between Gyeongsangbuk-do and Chungcheongbuk-do. Its main attractions are the temple Beopjusa and an especially picturesque peak, Munjangdae (1,029 m). The mountain's highest peak is Cheonhwangbong, at 1058 m.
- Pros:Wonderful nature, historic temple
- Cons:very remote, English scarcely spoken
- In a nutshell:other end of the world
Inside Beopjusa' s temple square you will find a huge iron cauldron; history has it, that the cauldron once was used to... more travel advice
Beopjusa temple was founded in 553 by the monk Uishin during the reign of King Chinhung (540-576). According to records... more travel advice
WStat's Related Pages
Ch'ungju Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of Jikji City, Cheongju"
- "Valley of Beopjusa and Songnisan"
- "World Rowing Championships 2013"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ch'ungju
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Ch'ungju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ch'ungju
Photos in Ch'ungjuSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 51 reviews, 85 photos
- Seoul Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beruwala Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Kyongju Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentota Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos