"Gyeongju - the Silla-Kingdom capital" Kyongju by WStat
Kyongju Travel Guide: 187 reviews and 490 photos
Gyeongju remains an important centre of Korean Buddhism. East of the downtown lies Bulguksa, one of South Korea's largest Buddhist temples; nearby is Seokguram, a famed Buddhist shrine. Traditional prayer locations are found on mountains throughout Gyeongju. Such mountains include Namsan near the city center, Danseok-san and Obong-san in the west, and the low peak of Hyeong-san on the Gyeongju-Pohang border. Namsan in particular is often referred to as "the sacred mountain," due to the Buddhist shrines and statues which cover its slopes.
- Pros:Superbly tended antiquities
- Cons:too much for two days
- In a nutshell:History everpresent Korea !
Unmoonsa Nun Temple is located in Chungdo near Daegu. Unmoonsa ('Un' means cloud while 'moon' means gate) temple was... more travel advice
Bulguksa - "A temple leading to the land of Happiness" is home to seven National treasures of South Korea, including... more travel advice
WStat's Related Pages
Kyongju Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Ancient City Blossoms"
- "The Ancient Capital of the Silla Kingdom"
- "Home of the Silla Dynasty"
- "Gyeongju (Kyongju) - A Journey through History"
- "Kyongju - Gyeongju"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyongju
- Hotels in Kyongju
- Transportation in Kyongju
- Restaurants in Kyongju
- Shopping in Kyongju
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyongju
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyongju
- 8 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kyongju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyongju
Photos in KyongjuSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 51 reviews, 85 photos
- Seoul Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beruwala Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Kyongju Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentota Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos