Sofia Shopping Tips by ChristinaNest Top 5 Page for this destination
Sofia Shopping: 32 reviews and 52 photos
typical Bulgarian pottery
There are two fairs at NDK that might be interesting to the visitor. The Choose the Bulgarian/Made In Bulgaria fairs take place twice a year, in Spring and Winter. Next one coming, Nov.24 till Dec. 3, 2006. Floors 0 to 5 are filled with many stalls selling Bulgarian made goods, usually cheaper. Mostly clothes but also shoes, accessories, jewelry, cosmetics, gifts, etc. Gets crowded at times.
At the book fair, also held twice a year, the newest Bulgarian books can be found, sometimes presented by their authors. There are also some books in English, German, Spanish, French and Russian, also maps, calendars and CDs. Next book fairs: May 24-28, and Dec. 13-17, 2006.
In the underpass of NDK there are also numerous shops selling cheap clothes, including fakes, etc. There's also a post office and a railways office.
What to buy: Clothes (including good and cheap childrens' clothes), shoes, etc. Some goods are of very good quality, some arent'.
What to pay: Normally prices are slightly cheaper than at retail stores.
Address: 1, Bulgaria Square
Directions: check out my NDK tip at Things to do
Not really a shopping tip unless you're into extravagant, tailor-made clothes. At the window of that store there's a great doll house and every time I pass by it, I stop to admire it. and every time there's something new added: new cars, new furniture, new inhabitants... This is a piece of art! Too bad it's hard to take a good pic. But if you go buy, do stop and you'll be amazed!
Address: Shishman Street
Directions: very close to the Radisson Hotel and the Parliament
Theme: Women's Clothes
More Reviews (46)
- See All Yalta Club
- New Year's Eve
- See All Chess
ChristinaNest's Related Pages
Sofia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sofia Guide - One of the Oldest Cities in Europe"
- "My home town"
- "First Steps to Explaning Bulgarian Spirit"
- "Sofia - Capital at the foot of Mount Vitosha"
- "capital of Bulgaria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sofia
- Hotels in Sofia
- Transportation in Sofia
- Nightlife in Sofia
- Restaurants in Sofia
- Shopping in Sofia
- Warnings and Dangers in Sofia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sofia
- 48 Reviews
- 171 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Sofia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sofia
Photos in SofiaSee All Photos (171)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 48 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bulgaria Intro, 24 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belogradchik Intro, 16 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burgas Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dominican Republic Intro, 23 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koprivshtitsa Intro, 9 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rila Intro, 13 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Plovdiv Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chatham Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (63)
- Aleksander Nevski Cathedral- 54 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Vitosha- 15 Reviews, 19 Photos
- NDK - National Palace of Culture- 20 Reviews, 39 Photos
- National Theater- 19 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Banya Bashi Mosque- 19 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Public Bath- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Statue of Saint Sofia- 8 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Russian Church- 16 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Monument of the Red Army- 8 Reviews, 18 Photos
- National Opera and Ballet- 8 Reviews, 13 Photos
See All Sofia Things to Do