"Sofia" Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia by ChristinaNest
Sofia Travel Guide: 1,487 reviews and 3,655 photos
This is the view from our appartment on the 18th floor towards the Eastern end of Sofia. In the distance, Stara Planina (the Balkan mountain) can be seen. Vitosha montain is to the right (not seen on photo). Sofia Airport is in the far right. Besides planes taking off, we also see the trains going to the East, to Plovdiv, and to the sea-side. We aslo see many roads (not all leading to Rome, though). With such a view, no wonder travel is the first thing that comes to your mind while having coffee on our balcony... You can dream of being on a plane taking off or trekking in the mountains... Coming home is also nice, as we can see our 20-storey high building from the plane, on the ride hime from the airport, also from the train, coming back from Burgas at the seaside... Looking at all the planes, trains, cars, buses and trams, you hope that very soon you will be travelling in one, taking a trip to the next great place...
There are so many places to see and things to do, more than you would expect! Some of them include:
Architecture, History and Archeology: Alexander Nevski Cathedral, National History Museum, Archeological Museum, Sofia University, Sveta Nedelya Church, the Mosque and Sinagogue nearby, the oldest Church, St. George, Boyana Church, small monasteries in the near-by villages, other churches and nice buildings....
Culture: National Gallery, Foreign Art Gallery, opera, ballet, theatre, shows, the Poet's Bench, ......check out the Snails Exibition!
Nature: Natural History Museum, Man and Earth Museum, Vitosha Mountain is a must (view my Vitosha Pages!), some nice parks, the Zoo (kind of poor, bur you can adopt an animal and help out)...........................
and so many more...
there are also a lot of good restaurants, dance clubs, bars, cafes, stores.............
I'll be building my Sofia pages soon so for more details and pics check out soon
PLEASE READ 'THINGS TO DO' IN AUTHOR'S ORDER!
This is where we celebrated the new year, after going to the open-air concert, losing some money at the newar-by London... more travel advice
There are chess tables in the small park in front of the National Theatre. You can watch or play with the professionals.... more travel advice
ChristinaNest's Related Pages
Sofia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sofia Guide - One of the Oldest Cities in Europe"
- "My home town"
- "First Steps to Explaning Bulgarian Spirit"
- "Sofia - Capital at the foot of Mount Vitosha"
- "capital of Bulgaria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sofia
- Hotels in Sofia
- Transportation in Sofia
- Nightlife in Sofia
- Restaurants in Sofia
- Shopping in Sofia
- Warnings and Dangers in Sofia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sofia
- 48 Reviews
- 171 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Sofia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sofia
Photos in SofiaSee All Photos (171)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 48 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bulgaria Intro, 24 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belogradchik Intro, 16 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burgas Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dominican Republic Intro, 23 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koprivshtitsa Intro, 9 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rila Intro, 13 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Plovdiv Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chatham Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue