"The most beautiful city in Lower Saxony" Top 5 Page for this destination Goslar by Childish

Goslar Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 293 photos

yes, definately this is the most beautiful city in Niedersachsen I've seen.
I've visited it twice. The first time I was invited to a dinner by a German guy. I don't remember the exact name of the place, it was near the Kaiserpfalz and the name was something like "From All Over the World' but I was the only foreigner there. The food was very good and if you are foreigner in Germany you would know the biggest problem in Germany is the that the food is awful there. Maybe it would be your second problem if you don't speak German.
Anyway I liked the city so much that I wanted to visit it on a day light. So I went there for second time.
The city is very tourist-oriented but still is a MUST-SEE in Niedersachsen. If the fact that it is in the "UNESCO List of the Cultural and Natural Heritage of Mankind" is not enogh for you to visit it, then follow my advice :-)

There are so many old and beatiful houses there... Of course, if you like modern architecture this is not the right place for you.

The city is a kind of museum with all these old buildings and as I've already said it is very tourist-oriented - not as the other cities in Lower Saxony (with exception of Hannover, of course) where you may be the only tourist there.
Among with the old and once again very very beautiful houses there are many sculptures on open air.

• Last visit to Goslar: Sep 2004