"The most beautiful city in Lower Saxony" Top 5 Page for this destination Goslar by Childish
Goslar Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 293 photos
yes, definately this is the most beautiful city in Niedersachsen I've seen.
I've visited it twice. The first time I was invited to a dinner by a German guy. I don't remember the exact name of the place, it was near the Kaiserpfalz and the name was something like "From All Over the World' but I was the only foreigner there. The food was very good and if you are foreigner in Germany you would know the biggest problem in Germany is the that the food is awful there. Maybe it would be your second problem if you don't speak German.
Anyway I liked the city so much that I wanted to visit it on a day light. So I went there for second time.
The city is very tourist-oriented but still is a MUST-SEE in Niedersachsen. If the fact that it is in the "UNESCO List of the Cultural and Natural Heritage of Mankind" is not enogh for you to visit it, then follow my advice :-)
There are so many old and beatiful houses there... Of course, if you like modern architecture this is not the right place for you.
The city is a kind of museum with all these old buildings and as I've already said it is very tourist-oriented - not as the other cities in Lower Saxony (with exception of Hannover, of course) where you may be the only tourist there.
Among with the old and once again very very beautiful houses there are many sculptures on open air.
I don't remember whose idea was to go to Rammelsberg. I would rather have stayed in the city centre. To walk to... more travel advice
Only the vestibule (Domvorhalle) of the Collegiate Church of St. Simon and Judas (Stiftskirche St. Simon und Judas)... more travel advice
Written Apr 11, 2006
more pics of Goslar
Written Apr 11, 2006
more pics of Goslar 2
Childish's Related Pages
Goslar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Goslar: Old Town Jewel"
- "The most beautiful city in Lower Saxony"
- "Picture-perfect medieval town!"
- "World Heritage mountain city"
- "My Goslar page..."
- "Goslar - a historic mining town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goslar
- Hotels in Goslar
- Transportation in Goslar
- Restaurants in Goslar
- Shopping in Goslar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Versailles State Park Hotels
- Castellón de la Plana
- Kegalle Hotels
- Floras Lake State Park Hotels
- Dahilayan Hotels
- Pulau Tioman
- Smiths Falls
- Zions View Hotels
- Limone sul Garda
- Rocky Neck State Park Hotels
- Estado de Baja California Norte
Badges & Stats in Goslar
- 12 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Goslar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goslar
Photos in GoslarSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Sofia Intro, 29 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lüneburg Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunis Intro, 16 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nesebar Intro, 17 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazanluk Intro, 14 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyustendil Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos
- Hannover Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goslar Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 6 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Goslar hotel reviews
- Hotel Kaiserworth
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013