"Kalzanluk - Roses, Artists and Thracian Tombs" Top 5 Page for this destination Kazanluk by Childish
Kazanluk Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 223 photos
The area of Kazanluk was know for many years as the Valley of Roses.
There is an annual event there - every first week of the June the week of the roses is celebrated - a week full with cultural events.
There are several big painters who were born and/or lived in Kazanluk: Dechko Uzunov, Nenko Balkanski, Chudomir. Their houses are turned to museums and galleries. Some of their works could be seen in the local Gallery of Art too.
One of the Bulgaria's UNESCO site is located here - the Kazanluk tomb.
But in the last years there are many other Thracian tombs found in the area, so the latter is called the Valley of the Thracian Kings. Some of the archeological finds can be seen in the archeological museum in Kazanluk.
Visit the Information Centre located in the city centre, on Iskra street. They provide a guide and a map of the city for free.
Information Centre - in Bulgarian, English and Japanese
A nice page in Bulgarian
A terrific page of Stara Planina
Tourists and Locals
The thing that amazed me there is the presence of the Japanese in the area. I've heard on the news a couple of years ago that Japanese rentners buy houses in the area of the village of Shipka but I did not expect to see so many of them there. And this explains why on the celebrations of the Valley of Roses there were concerts of a Japanese orchestra...
And one funny note: Although the information centre, the municipality and all people have worked to make Kazanluk (guys, thanks a lot!) more tourist-friendly city there are not many labels on the streets so I had to ask constantly for the direction. I stopped once a guy who I thought was local but surprise... he was German.... Despite the fact he gave me the direction (yeah, not in Bulgarian)
the name of the city may be written using the Latin alphabet in two ways (at least): KazanlUk or KazanlAk
Every year there is a Festival of Roses that takes place in Kazanluk in the first week of June. There are many cultural... more travel advice
This is the first evangelist baptist church in Bulgaria. The church dates from 1884. Location: Shipchenska Epopeja Str.... more travel advice
Childish's Related Pages
Kazanluk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kazanluk in general"
- "Kalzanluk - Roses, Artists and Thracian Tombs"
- "With thanks to all!"
- "Kazanluk: Valley of the Roses"
- "Medical Facilities"
- "Kazanluk - the town of Thracians and roses."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kazanluk
- Hotels in Kazanluk
- Transportation in Kazanluk
- Nightlife in Kazanluk
- Restaurants in Kazanluk
- Shopping in Kazanluk
- Warnings and Dangers in Kazanluk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kazanluk
- 14 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Kazanluk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kazanluk
Photos in KazanlukSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Sofia Intro, 29 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lüneburg Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunis Intro, 16 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nesebar Intro, 17 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazanluk Intro, 14 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyustendil Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos
- Hannover Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goslar Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 6 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues