"Tunis, Capital of Tunisia" Top 5 Page for this destination Tunis by Childish

Tunis Travel Guide: 329 reviews and 1,050 photos

When I first visited Tunis in 2005 it was just for a couple of hours which without a guide in Medina is not enough at all for all monuments there.
So, this time I went to Tunis again and spent 8 hours in Medina. It wasn't enough as well because I often got lost but I did my best to explore this UNESCO site.
I kept walking and stopped only for 10 minutes for a coffee and an orange juice.
At some areas I was the only foreigner there but still I felt safe and everything went without a single accident.
My advice to you - take a guided tour if possible, it would save you time and you won't miss some of the places of interest there.

What I liked the most in Tunis are the administrative buildings. They are extremely beautiful...

• Intro Updated Oct 2, 2006

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2009 at 1:41 AM

I see Tunis is often a stop on the Cruise ship itinerary. By the beautiful buildings in your photos, it would be a nice city to spend a day or more!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Returned here to refresh my memory on Tunis. It seems you saw quite a bit on your trip there!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2009 at 4:59 AM

Nice tips Lilia!

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2008 at 4:20 AM

Hi there, I love Tunisia. I think Tunis is underrated as a city, can't wait to go again. Kep well!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2006 at 10:47 AM

I agree, the medina can be confusing without a guide. It was still great fun to explore. I think we passed some of those doors too:)

• ghweeh's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2006 at 10:37 PM

hey i love visiting historical places so this look like the place for me! =) looking forward to more pix and stories....

• ozalp's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2006 at 3:55 AM

I think it was a nice trip. Thanks for helpful tips.

Badges & Stats in Tunis