"Jericho" Top 5 Page for this destination Jericho by Childish
Jericho Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 146 photos
Jericho is the oldest town in the world with a town wall, and the oldest settlement that has been continuously inhabited for more than 10 000 years.
Jericho is the first town conquered by Joshua son of Nun, successor of Moses. In Joshua 1, Old Statement, we read that God will lead Israeli people to their new land. And in Joshua 2, Joshua son of Nun, sends two spies to Jericho. Then the Israeli people cross river Jordan. The most interesting part is described in Joshua 6, where God told to Israeli people to march for 6 days around the walls of the town, and then 7 times on the 7th day with priests blowing the trumpets and all people shouting loud and as a result the town walls of Jericho would be knocked down. The town was destroyed. And the people who undertakes to rebuild the town was cursed.
See my tips for info about the sites near Jericho, I've been to.
Dead Sea is actually a lake. Located between Jordan, Israel and East Bank, it is the second saltiest body of water on... more travel advice
Again, the Qarantal monastery is about 20 minutes walk on a steep road. Have in mind that the weather may be very hot... more travel advice
Childish's Related Pages
Jericho Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A visit in Jericho"
- "Oh Jericho"
- "Wadi Qelt"
- "A Unesco World Heritage Site"
- "Ancient Jericho & Wadi Kelt (Prat)"
- "the judean desert near jericho"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jericho
- Transportation in Jericho
- Restaurants in Jericho
- Shopping in Jericho
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jericho
- 7 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Jericho?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jericho
Top 10 Pages
- Sofia Intro, 29 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lüneburg Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunis Intro, 16 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nesebar Intro, 17 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazanluk Intro, 14 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyustendil Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos
- Hannover Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goslar Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 6 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues