"Lush. Wild. Free." Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park by leigh767
Etosha National Park Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 547 photos
The Etosha of my mind is one big sanctuary for all animals that roam the savannah. From springboks, rhinos, giraffes, elephants and lions to birds of prey, this is a true haven for animals and adventurers alike.
Canon 24-105 f/4.0 IS L
Canon 70-200mm f/4.0 IS L
Either of these two items should be on your Must Pack List for safaris - a pair of high powered binoculars or a good telephoto zoom lens for your DSLR camera.
These will go a long way to helping you enjoy your safari properly. After all, this is one of those trips in which what you see and how far the animals wander from you are beyond your control. The photos on my VT pages make everything look a lot closer than they were in reality, thanks to the 200mm telephoto zoom lens I had. If you just bring a regular consumer digital camera, your elephants in your photos will look the size of dog.
Bottom line: whether you plan to just see animals through binoculars or to take home some unforgettable pictures, come prepared with the right tools and you'll be in for a trip of a lifetime!
- Pros:Seeing the safari in action up close and personal
- Cons:Long drive from Windhoek to Etosha
- In a nutshell:An experience straight from the pages of National Geographic
The extremely dry climate in Namibia could really be a problem for the skin. All the rough tumbling about climbing... more travel advice
As you survey the savannah for giraffes rustling through the trees or elephants strolling in the distance, don't forget... more travel advice
leigh767's Related Pages
Etosha National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Etosha - Wildlife Hotspot"
- "Etosha National Park"
- "Lush. Wild. Free."
- "Etosha 1999"
- "A place of wonder"
- "Etosha -Natures dry paradise for animals"
- "The beauty of nature in its wild state"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Etosha National Park
- Hotels in Etosha National Park
- Transportation in Etosha National Park
- Nightlife in Etosha National Park
- Restaurants in Etosha National Park
- Shopping in Etosha National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Etosha National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Etosha National Park
- 19 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Etosha National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Etosha National Park
Photos in Etosha National ParkSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 77 reviews, 83 photos
- Cairo Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos