"The most despised town... not" Asyut by leigh767
Asyut Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 4 photos
In one of my trustworthy guidebooks, it is said that "every country has a town that is universally hated by all its citizens except those who live in it. In Egypt, Asyut holds this honour."
DON'T listen to what they say. The side that we saw, at least, was extremely pleasant with cheerful kids and helpful people. Not jam packed like many other towns, and has a relatively leisurely pace to it. Strolls along the Nile here are very nice too!
- Pros:The highlight has to be the citizens-- helpful and cheerful.
- Cons:Police convoys who follow you everywhere.
The chefs here know a thing or two about food presentation, as the meals were not only enjoyable but great eye candy too... more travel advice
leigh767's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Asyut
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Asyut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asyut
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 77 reviews, 83 photos
- Cairo Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos