"Do you recognise this place?" leigh767's Profile
[NEW] Hello, I need your help in finding this mausoleum again. I first visited it when on a trip to Cairo 3 years ago but have unfortunately lost its name. It's been proving especially hard to trace because it's a very little known mausoleum in a rather quiet part of town. So if you know it or have any inklings at all, please message me! Thanks in advance :)
Namibia safari page is up! Click here to go hang out with the lions and elephants :0)
I did it!!!I have never run more than 25km in one go in my life until the week before this ultra marathon, but the 84km Sundown race was completed in 12 hours 28 minutes 5 seconds and finished 2nd in my division (ok. There were only a total of 6 people who finished in my category. All in all, 37 females completed the race out of a starting 60+)
The Sundown is an annual night race in Singapore - the race starts at 6pm just as the sun is setting and competitors race through the night and try to beat the sunrise... which I just managed to. Another 10 minutes and I would've lost to the sun!
Here's the medal and the story :)
*Why an 84km ultra marathon? To prepare for a longer challenge, the 250km Sahara Desert foot race in October this year.
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY
As you would probably notice throughout my tips and pages, I'm a big fan of photography.
One of my main aims for my VT pages (in addition to offering good travel tips) is to bring a different perspective on much-visited/photographed sites.
And for those who're interested, here's a quick rundown of my camera gear that has helped create the photos on my VT pages:
- Canon PowerShot A95
- Canon 350D
- Canon 50D
- Canon 24-105mm f/4 L
- Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
- Sigma 10-20mm
- B+W UV filter
- Hoya circular polarizer
ENJOY THE PAGES! FEEDBACK ALWAYS WELCOME :0)
Click here to see my VT page
Took a dream journey down to Antarctica in January and I must say, it was worth its weight in gold. "Seeing is believing" apparently doesn't apply to the White Continent because even after looking back at my photos I still wonder if it hadn't all been just one fantastic hallucination...
Mexico 2007-2008 tour:
Travelled through Mexico City, Oaxaca, San Cristobal, Palenque, and Cancun during a 3 week long trip in Mexico. Some amazing sights, but even more amazing people. Take a peek:
My Teotihuacan Page
My Oaxaca Page
My San Cristobal Page
My Palenque Page
My Cancun Page
DO WE DARE TO FACE IT?:
Invisible Children video clip
Stretch out with a book on the hills of the Acropolis, and see if you couldn't hear the voices of the ancient past...
That touristy place with the beautiful soul of an ancient man...
Once in a blue moon, there comes a sunset so stupendous in its fading glory that it silences everything else. The bustling of the world around you peels away and there's nothing save you and those fiery hues of transient red.
I saw one such sunset in Florence of Italy.
Personal Pages (7)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 294 Reviews
- 425 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Uploaded a Photo to "A DISASTER. Cockroaches Abound + Bland Food. AVOID"
- Wrote a Review A DISASTER. Cockroaches Abound + Bland Food. AVOID in Hanoi Tourist Traps
- Commented on janetanne's profile page
- Posted in Travel Antarctica Forum "Re: Should I take laptop or such..."
- leigh767 and kiwi are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Do you recognise this place?"
- updated a Antarctica Travel Page "Jane's Antarctica Page [with Photography Tips]"
- Uploaded a Video to Bali
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 77 reviews, 83 photos
- Cairo Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos