"Do you recognise this place?" leigh767's Profile

What's the name of this mausoleum in Cairo?

Above: When you first come upon the towering trees of Angkor, the first reaction is disbelief. The second, awe. Between the nooks of a 900-year old temple, life has taken root. And there is no telling who will ultimately win, for the final score of their quiet struggle is not measured by minutes, but by centuries.

Namibia safari page is up! Click here to go hang out with the lions and elephants :0)

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in an attractive, well preserved body; rather, to skid in sideways, body thoroughly worn out, covered in scars and screaming, “Yahoo! What a ride!”

84km Ultra Marathon, Singapore

I did it!!!I have never run more than 25km in one go in my life until the week before this ultra marathon, but the 84km Sundown race was completed in 12 hours 28 minutes 5 seconds and finished 2nd in my division (ok. There were only a total of 6 people who finished in my category. All in all, 37 females completed the race out of a starting 60+)

The Sundown is an annual night race in Singapore - the race starts at 6pm just as the sun is setting and competitors race through the night and try to beat the sunrise... which I just managed to. Another 10 minutes and I would've lost to the sun!

Here's the medal and the story :)

*Why an 84km ultra marathon? To prepare for a longer challenge, the 250km Sahara Desert foot race in October this year.

Antarctic Icebergs

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY

As you would probably notice throughout my tips and pages, I'm a big fan of photography.

One of my main aims for my VT pages (in addition to offering good travel tips) is to bring a different perspective on much-visited/photographed sites.

And for those who're interested, here's a quick rundown of my camera gear that has helped create the photos on my VT pages:

- Canon PowerShot A95
- Canon 350D
- Canon 50D
- Canon 24-105mm f/4 L
- Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
- Sigma 10-20mm
- B+W UV filter
- Hoya circular polarizer

ENJOY THE PAGES! FEEDBACK ALWAYS WELCOME :0)

Cheers,
Jane

The Maldives-- Heaven on Earth

MAJOR UPDATES
Antarctica 2009:
Click here to see my VT page
Took a dream journey down to Antarctica in January and I must say, it was worth its weight in gold. "Seeing is believing" apparently doesn't apply to the White Continent because even after looking back at my photos I still wonder if it hadn't all been just one fantastic hallucination...

Mexico 2007-2008 tour:
Travelled through Mexico City, Oaxaca, San Cristobal, Palenque, and Cancun during a 3 week long trip in Mexico. Some amazing sights, but even more amazing people. Take a peek:

My Teotihuacan Page

***

DO WE DARE TO FACE IT?:
Invisible Children video clip

Land of the Philosophers

Stretch out with a book on the hills of the Acropolis, and see if you couldn't hear the voices of the ancient past...

Prague, Czech Republic

That touristy place with the beautiful soul of an ancient man...

VT Page

Jiuzhaigou, Si Chuan

They call it THE most beautiful place in China. It's not hard to see why.

For more shots of this area by another person, check out this guy's works.

VT Page

Firenze

Once in a blue moon, there comes a sunset so stupendous in its fading glory that it silences everything else. The bustling of the world around you peels away and there's nothing save you and those fiery hues of transient red.

I saw one such sunset in Florence of Italy.

• Intro Updated Jan 16, 2014

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Happy birthday,J.

Jul 6, 2014 at 9:17 PM

hey Jane...Happy Birthday mate...may your day be a real blast.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Happy Birthday Jane !

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Cheers for your B/D!

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hi Jane . ..yes...on the road again at the moment in Cleveland , leaving tomorrow for Wash DC, travelling around the USA by train. always great to be here in the USA.

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Happy Birthday Jane sorry this is late but am travelling at the moment.. I trust that your day was a blast.
    cheers and beers Denny

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:21 AM

cheers and beers Denny

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Happy Birthday Jane!

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Hey Jane, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
leigh767's Profile Photo

leigh767

“It doesn't matter where you go or what you do; what truly matters is deciding to get onboard.”

Real Name