"El Nido - Picture Perfect" Top 5 Page for this destination El Nido by ionaks

El Nido Travel Guide: 259 reviews and 700 photos

Lucky Me

I feel lucky to have a job that takes me to this amazing place once or twice a year. I hope these photos speak for themselves. Enjoy!

At Work, Will Play

I've been to El Nido a total of four times so far, each time being a working trip. The first time was more than ten years ago, and back then I was able to see most of the islands and even got tpo stay for free at the Miniloc Resort. On my more recent excursions however (between 2004 - 2006) I've been mostly confined to the town center or poblacion, not having much time and opportunity to leave work and do touristy things. Still, I'm not complaining.

The town of El Nido is beautiful --- it's this quiet little community facing the blue and sparkling sea, cradled by a backdrop of dark, majestic limestone cliffs. The people are wonderful, too, and I'm actually grateful that my work keeps me "stuck" in the town because: 1) it drives me to be more creative in finding ways to explore the area; and 2) it allows me to really get to know this lovely town and its people better.

I hope these pages allow you a peek into the life of a quaint little coastal town on the northernmost tip of the Palawan mainland as I have come to learn and love.

Kindly note that Bacuit Bay and most of El Nido enjoys protected area Status (El Nido-Taytay Managed Resource Protected Area). The El Nido community is trying its hardest to protect its rich natural environs and keep development at a sustainable level. Your contribution to this effort would be much appreciated in the form of payment of conservation and user's fees, donations, and most importantly by making sure that your own activities while in El Nido are eco-friendly. =)

• Last visit to El Nido: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 12, 2006

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Nice and informative tips on El Nido. Shall come back for more later.

• Oct 20, 2008 at 3:56 AM

i love balay tubay music and paintings

• edwinic's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 1:39 AM

very helpful, indeed!

• Mar 20, 2007 at 2:36 PM

Aaaahhhh, now I realy want to go to El Nido! Great tips and photos of this area of the world.

• Jun 15, 2006 at 8:04 AM

great tips about El Nido... have you tried the A B C tour of boutiqueandartecafe?

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 6:57 AM

is that corongcorong beach where those two kids are standing?

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 9:14 PM

iona, i envy your pictures. you really know your photography. paturo naman. me, too, prefer touring the villages with a mountainbike. more efficient way, timewise and off-the-beaten-pathwise. actually, i did it in catanduanes, samal and marinduque.

Badges & Stats in El Nido

Have you been to El Nido?

Latest Activity in El Nido