"Roadtrips and self-imposed exiles" ionaks's Profile

I guess there are a few things that are worth sharing about me:

1 - that I'm a reluctant city-bred city-dweller, who'd rather be at the beach or in the mountains, or anywhere away from congested, polluted Manila at any given point in time;
2 - that I spent a good 4 years based in Puerto Princesa, and that I consider Palawan "my soul place," and that I grab every chance I get to go back;
3 - that I love the Philippines with a passion and am thoroughly fascinated by its natural beauty and its great people... (yes we are GREAT, just often misunderstood... heheh)

4 - that I've seen most of the Philippines, but more often than not on quickie, work-related jaunts, and so would love the chance to explore all our islands on a more personal level;
5 - that other than the nooks and crannies of the Philippines, I would love to travel to Africa, Italy, and Nepal, among others;
6 - that I prefer traveling on a budget though "prefer" may not be the most accurate word since I don't have much of a choice being a working student without much fiancial resources --- but just being on the road to someplace new always feels right to me so how I get there isn't so important as long as I do get there;

7 - that other than travel, I like food and movies and good books and music (rock and reggae!), and being with friends and just having fun, and taking photos, too (and wish I could afford a better camera and taking real lessons)!
8 - that I like being silly though I know it is not always appropriate, and so I've learned that a major skill we have to learn is when to take things seriously and when not to;
9 - that in a few years, I hope to graduate and pass the bar and become a lawyer working for the environment and human rights, especially those of laborers and indigenous peoples;
10 - that I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and potential travel buddies here on VT!

• Intro Updated May 15, 2006

• moonlighting's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Happy birthday! Where are you?

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 2:55 PM

Happy Birthday, Iona! Very nice place where you live! ENJOY your day!

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 6:35 AM

Maligayang Kaarawan po! it seems, busy ang traveller ha. musta po?

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 2:06 AM

Many happy returns of the day! Gillybob greetings

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye...I wish that you realize all your dreams good luck !!!))))

• kopwint's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 6:31 PM

happy birthday to you,happy great day to day. today greatness to you, cause of this is your birthday. ""wish you get what ever you neeed and want"" Burma

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Happy Birthday from Mike and Shelley in sunny "Barking Town" - Have a great day - Woof, woof !

• Judithdistal's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2007 at 1:43 AM

Happy Birthday Iona. When will you come visit us again in El Nido? Regards, Judith

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 8:55 AM

how to get to boayan? particularly the secret cove.

• ionaks's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 10:03 PM

Thank you to all the well-wishers! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness... Here's to more travels! :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!