"Roadtrips and self-imposed exiles" ionaks's Profile
I guess there are a few things that are worth sharing about me:
1 - that I'm a reluctant city-bred city-dweller, who'd rather be at the beach or in the mountains, or anywhere away from congested, polluted Manila at any given point in time;
2 - that I spent a good 4 years based in Puerto Princesa, and that I consider Palawan "my soul place," and that I grab every chance I get to go back;
3 - that I love the Philippines with a passion and am thoroughly fascinated by its natural beauty and its great people... (yes we are GREAT, just often misunderstood... heheh)
4 - that I've seen most of the Philippines, but more often than not on quickie, work-related jaunts, and so would love the chance to explore all our islands on a more personal level;
5 - that other than the nooks and crannies of the Philippines, I would love to travel to Africa, Italy, and Nepal, among others;
6 - that I prefer traveling on a budget though "prefer" may not be the most accurate word since I don't have much of a choice being a working student without much fiancial resources --- but just being on the road to someplace new always feels right to me so how I get there isn't so important as long as I do get there;
7 - that other than travel, I like food and movies and good books and music (rock and reggae!), and being with friends and just having fun, and taking photos, too (and wish I could afford a better camera and taking real lessons)!
8 - that I like being silly though I know it is not always appropriate, and so I've learned that a major skill we have to learn is when to take things seriously and when not to;
9 - that in a few years, I hope to graduate and pass the bar and become a lawyer working for the environment and human rights, especially those of laborers and indigenous peoples;
10 - that I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and potential travel buddies here on VT!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 13 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- ionaks and moonlighting are now friends.
- Commented on ionaks's profile page
- updated a Pagudpud Travelogue "Discovering Kapuluan Vista Resort"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Discovering Kapuluan Vista Resort"
updated their Profile Page "Roadtrips and self-imposed exiles"
- Posted in Travel El Nido Forum "RE: idealtravelspot"
- Wrote a Review Home-cooked Meals on a Budget in El Nido Restaurants
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Nido Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Pagudpud Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tuguegarao City Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boayan Island Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22500 Reviews - 55076 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15645 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos