"Adventure in Peñablanca" Penablanca by masterrecca
Penablanca Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 88 photos
Callao Caves Tourist Zone
"Located within the Peñablanca Protected Landscape; 24 kilometers from Tuguegarao. The seven-chambered Callao Caves boast of massive limestone and other rock formations, skylights, and a chapel. Other pristine and undisturbed caves with living rock formations in the area include Sierra Cave, Quibal Cave, Odessa-Tumbali Cave System, Jackpot Cave, Roc and San Carlos Caves, among others. These caves can be explored with guides from Sierra Madre Outdoor Club (SMOC), Adventures and Expedition Philippines, Inc. (AEPI), and North Adventours.
More than 300 caves dot the area, 75 of which have been documented by the National Museum since 1977. Within the area is the Pinacanauan River conducive for river rafting or boating, kayaking, fishing, and swimming while the mountains are perfect for trekking and mountaineering. Daily circadian flight of bats from a bat cave occur at dusk."
masterrecca's Related Pages
Penablanca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peñablanca: Cave Exploration Destination"
- "Adventure in Peñablanca"
- "Peñablanca Town, Province of Cagayan"
- "Cagayan Adventure"
- "Penablanca Protected Landscape and Seascape"
- "WELCOME TO PENABLANCA"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penablanca
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Penablanca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penablanca
Photos in PenablancaSee All Photos (4)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuguegarao City Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Piat Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Iguig Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Penablanca Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 3 photos