"Ypsilanti, Michigan" Ypsilanti by Yorick12
Ypsilanti Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 7 photos
Ypsilanti was founded in 1825 by Judge Augustus Woodward, John Steward and William Harwood. They named their new village after the Greek Patrior General Demetrius Ypsilanti (a Greek flag and statue of the general still stand in front of the city's watertower on Washtenaw). The city grew as the railroad came to town and US 12 was opened, connecting Detroit and Chicago.
Ypsilanti is home to Eastern Michigan University. It sits just a few miles east of neighboring Ann Arbor and a short drive west of Detroit. A very youthful city, being a college campus, and it also attracts a lot of local young Ann Arborites, as rent prices are much cheaper. Home to a few fun summer festivals, including the The Michigan Elvisfest held the second weekend in July and the Summer Beer Festival held in the end of July.
Thursday night is cruise night in Ypsilanti's Depot Town May through September. Vintage car owners cruise Cross Street... more travel advice
Some architectual highlights Downtown: 1) 11 W. Michigan - the old flour mill 1888 Richardsonian Romanesque 2) 101-105... more travel advice
Yorick12's Related Pages
Ypsilanti Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zeno's Ypsilanti Page"
- "Ypsilanti, Michigan"
- "SonnyBono's new Ypsilanti page"
- "Ypsilanti - a city unto itself"
- "Living in the midwest"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ypsilanti
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ypsilanti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ypsilanti
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ann Arbor Intro, 17 reviews, 6 photos
- Denver Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Central City Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Gent Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rocky Mountain National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.