"Queen of the Silver Camps" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown by Yorick12
Georgetown Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 75 photos
I just love Georgetown. We drive up all the time during the summer months. It is beautiful. It was established in 1859 as a mining camp. By the 1870s and 80s it was booming, but in the 1890s as silver prices fell, Georgetown went into decline. Today, the beauty of the area has brought tourism and Georgetown is flourishing as a mountain retreat. It's been declared a National Historic Landmark District and most of the city's buildings have gone through restoration.
This is an incredible old hotel, now operating as a museum. Hours of operation: * Memorial Day through Labor Day: Open... more travel advice
Yorick12's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown....an old mining town west of Denver"
- "Georgetown, Colorado"
- "One of Colorado's Best Towns"
- "Queen of the Silver Camps"
- "Georgetown- My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ann Arbor Intro, 17 reviews, 6 photos
- Denver Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Central City Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Gent Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rocky Mountain National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.