"Cripple Creek Bonanza" Cripple Creek by Yorick12
Cripple Creek Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 23 photos
Cripple Creek boomed in 1891 when gold was discovered. The rest of the state, mainly dependent of silver, was suffering as silver prices fell, but not Cripple Creek. Miners from all over the state poured in and Cripple Creek flourished. The beautiful downtown today stands as a monument to the money made in the gold mines. Gambling is now the main income in the area, but even if gambling is not your thing, the beauty of the area is worth coming to Cripple Creek. The Sangre de Cristo mountains are just awesome.
There are two versions of the loop. First the fast version: Take 67 out of Cripple Creek. You'll pass through the... more travel advice
Yorick12's Related Pages
Cripple Creek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one"
- "Cripple Creek Gold Mining Town"
- "Cripple Creek Bonanza"
- "Cripple Creek, Colorado"
- "Cripple Creek a gambling town"
- "Gold Dust, Early West"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cripple Creek
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cripple Creek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cripple Creek
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ann Arbor Intro, 17 reviews, 6 photos
- Denver Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Central City Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Gent Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rocky Mountain National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Cripple Creek hotel reviews
- Double Eagle Hotel and Casino
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013