"Diamond in the heart of the Swiss Alps" Andermatt by Veghel
Andermatt Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 199 photos
Andermatt is a mountain village with about 2,000 inhabitants. Its houses are built very close to each other to create some sort of micro climate to withstand the snow and cold. Andermatt is situated at the foot of the famous Gotthard pass as well as the Oberalp pass and Furka pass. For centuries, it was an important logistic and postage center, with many hotels for transit travellers.
Since the opening of the Gotthard tunnel 1980, Andermatt has developed into a lively all-year round tourist resort with fine skiing facilities.
Andermatt has two ski areas: Nätschen and Gemsstock. Nätschen (1,444 to 2,344 m) has 4 ski lifts and 19 km of pistes. It is mainly suitable for beginners and intermediates. With 5 ski lifts and 23 km of pistes, Gemsstock (1,444 to 2,963 m) is the bigger area and definitely suitable for experienced skiers.
The river Reus flows right through the heart of Andermatt and is almost completely frozen in winter time. How easy it is to shoot the perfect picture for your next year's Christmas cards!
The Luthersee T-bar lift runs between 2,025 and 2,400 m. Its slopes are classified 'red' (intermediate). They face... more travel advice
Hotel Drei Könige und Post (Drie Könige means Three Kings) is a small hotel (40 beds) overlooking the Reus river and the... more travel advice
Veghel's Related Pages
Andermatt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Andermatt"
- "LOTS OF BEAR'S AT ANDERMATT"
- "Andermatt, quaint city where the mountains rule!"
- "Diamond in the heart of the Swiss Alps"
- "Another campsite with a view"
- "That's were all started... grew up here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Andermatt
- Hotels in Andermatt
- Transportation in Andermatt
- Restaurants in Andermatt
- Warnings and Dangers in Andermatt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Andermatt
- 6 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Andermatt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andermatt
Photos in AndermattSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Veghel Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Lebanon Mountains Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos
- Mikumi National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Roccaraso Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos
- Zanzibar Town Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Andermatt Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Adeje Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos