"My all-time favourite ski resort" Lenzerheide by Veghel
Lenzerheide Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 65 photos
Lenzerheide is my all-time favourite ski resort. In visited Lenzerheide for the first time in December 1980, when I was 7 years old. We stayed in Parpan, a tiny village 5 km north of Lenzerheide and part of the huge ski area.
The landscape of Lenzerheide is extremely beautiful and really made for skiing. The west side (with Windegga, Staetzerhorn, Danis and Scalottas) is sunny in the morning; the east side (Schwarzhorn and Rothorn) in the afternoon.
The east side is smaller than the west side (65 versus 90 km of runs), but has the more challenging slopes. The longest run goes from the Rothorn (2,865 m) back to Lenzerheide (1,475 m).
Staetzerhorn is the place to be for skiing and apres-ski. The restaurant halfway up the mountain is a perfect place to have dinner or drinks while enjoying beautiful views and people moving by.
The 6-seater chairlift that go almost to the top of Staetzerhorn providess access to a blue, red and black runs. The black run next to the lift is very very good. Usually it is just long, steep and wide; but sometimes moguls come up!
The most remote part of the skiing area is Churwalden, which is the lowest village (just above 1,200 m). The top lift on the Windegga is often closed because of avalange risks and/or strong winds. If it's open, it offers smooth blue and red runs, and it is always quiet on the Windegga.
Veghel's Related Pages
Lenzerheide Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My all-time favourite ski resort"
- "Lenzerheide-Valbella ski paradise"
- "The alpine Ski-World Cup final in Lenzerheide 2005"
- "EuroBarney in Valbella - Lenzerheide"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lenzerheide
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lenzerheide?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lenzerheide
Photos in LenzerheideSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Veghel Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Lebanon Mountains Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos
- Mikumi National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Roccaraso Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos
- Zanzibar Town Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Andermatt Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Adeje Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos