"The most beautiful place on earth" Antarctica by Veghel

Antarctica Travel Guide: 1,167 reviews and 2,707 photos

Although I've just visited six (out of seven) continents, I am very confident to say that Antarctica is the most beautiful one on earth. The scenery, the animals, the silence, the colors... everything is impressive, amazing, unbelievable.

This is a picture of me (standing in the back), another traveller on our ship (Louis from Cape Town, sitting in the front) and a penguin. The picture was made on Cuverville Island.

Ashra and me on Orne Island, with Brabant Island slightly visible in the background.

• Last visit to Antarctica: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 25, 2006

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2007 at 7:54 AM

Excellent page, full of useful and interesting information

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2006 at 12:56 AM

Great information and pictures. The boat you went on sounds ideal (I like the idea of a smaller group) so I must look up their prices. I'm hoping to go to Antarctica in late 2007 or early 2008

• staindesign's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 9:42 AM

Fantastic info! You have done a great job explaining a travel that most can never make. If i didn't get so sea sick, i would consider this trip!

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2006 at 2:47 PM

You've done a great job on your Antarctica page. Great tips!

• UKbound04's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 4:34 AM

not much chance of me making it to antarctica, but this will do nicely.

• mikegr's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 12:03 PM

Hey - well done - this is a great page. I just got confirmation of my boat to Antarctica on Sunday - having sen your page I am even more excited about it!!!! Take it easy - Mike

• Jan 15, 2006 at 1:27 PM

Thanks for the great review, and the nice pictures. we are going 6th of Feb 2006. Cheers Klaas

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 1:37 PM

Fabulous!! and stunning photos!! Glad you got to land at Bailey Head. thanks for sharing with us. Pam :-)

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 12:50 PM

Wow! Antarctica looks like a really beautiful place! I hope I can visit someday

Veghel

“Where is the nearest ski lift?”

Badges & Stats in Antarctica

• 0 Countries

Have you been to Antarctica?

Friends