"Small village near Veghel" Mariaheide by Veghel
Mariaheide Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
Mariaheide is a small village just 3 km northeast of Veghel. There is not much to see or to do. However, if you like hiking or cycling, it is worth going there and explore the countryside.
There is a discussion going on about how Mariaheide should be spelled. It is said that the current name was introduced when someone made a mistake about a century ago. Before that, the official name was Maria-Heide. In a recent unofficial referendum, the majority of the inhabitants voted for a change to the old name.
By the way: Mariaheide or Maria-Heide means Maria's Meadow (heide = heather). The sign's subtitle "gem. Veghel" means "municipality of Veghel".
This picture was take at the southeastern entrance of Mariaheide, from the Heiakkerstraat. The alternative Maria-heide is definitely wrong, as the letter h should be capital H.
Veghel's Related Pages
Mariaheide Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Mariaheide
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Mariaheide?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mariaheide
Photos in MariaheideSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Veghel Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Lebanon Mountains Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos
- Mikumi National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Roccaraso Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos
- Zanzibar Town Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andermatt Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Adeje Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos