"True wilderness" Mikumi National Park by Veghel
Mikumi National Park Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 105 photos
Of all the national parks in Tanzania, Mikumi National Park is the closest to Dar es Salaam. From the heart of the capital, it is a 4-hours-drive to the park border. Mikumi is the 4th largest National Park of Tanzania, with an area of 3,230 square km. Though many people prefer the more famous parks in the north of Tanzania, it is often easier to see the wildlife at Mikumi as the game density is said to be higher in some seasons.
I stayed in Mikumi for two days, one night. In total, I was driven through the park for about 8 hours in total. In these 8 hours I have seen zebras, buffalos, impalas, wildebeest, lions, giraffes, crocodiles, monkeys, elephants, hippopotamuses, beautiful birds and many, many more.
- Pros:Close to Dar es Salaam, relatively cheap and quiet
- Cons:No Kilimanjaro or Ngorongoro crater
- In a nutshell:Game spotting made easy
The main entrance of Mikumi National Park is conveniently located at an exit of one of Tanzania's main highways, from... more travel advice
Mikumi National Park is full of birds, ranging in size from very small to pretty large. Personally I liked the small... more travel advice
Veghel's Related Pages
Mikumi National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Free game viewing"
- "True wilderness"
- "Mzuri-Sanas' of Mikumi"
- "Mikumi National Park"
- "Elephants on the Highway!"
- "very lively wild safari drive"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mikumi National Park
- Hotels in Mikumi National Park
- Nightlife in Mikumi National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mikumi National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mikumi National Park
- 16 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mikumi National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mikumi National Park
Photos in Mikumi National ParkSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Veghel Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Lebanon Mountains Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos
- Mikumi National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Roccaraso Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos
- Zanzibar Town Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Andermatt Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Adeje Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos