"Citta Vittoriosa - The Unbeaten City" Top 5 Page for this destination Vittoriosa by tophat30
Vittoriosa Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 254 photos
Vittoriosa a.k.a Birgu forms part of Cottonera's three cities. Grand Master Cottoner surrounded these cities with defensive walls in the 16th century. Vittoriosa was the first city that the Knights of Jerusalem used as their living quarters. But the history of this city goes way back to the first known settlers in Malta - The Phoenicians. Among the places of interest in here, Vittoriosa offer us the Inquisiter's Palace, The Vittoriosa Museum, Various Auberges, St Lawrence Collegiate church and Fort St Angelo. Please visit my 'Things to do ' Tips for further details.
Rehabilitation of two rooms and underground air raid shelter at Couvre’ Porte Gate, Vittoriosa and conversion of complex... more travel advice
Built in 1675 to seal off the fortifications surrounding the Cottonera area. A Splendid example of a fortifaction... more travel advice
tophat30's Related Pages
Vittoriosa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vittoriosa - The Victorious"
- "Citta Vittoriosa - The Unbeaten City"
- "Into the past........."
- "Vittoriosa (Birgu) and Cospicua (Bormla)"
- "Vittoriosa - Birgu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vittoriosa
- Hotels in Vittoriosa
- Transportation in Vittoriosa
- Nightlife in Vittoriosa
- Restaurants in Vittoriosa
- Shopping in Vittoriosa
- Warnings and Dangers in Vittoriosa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vittoriosa
- 19 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Vittoriosa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vittoriosa
Photos in VittoriosaSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 37 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vittoriosa Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valletta Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marsaxlokk Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mdina Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mosta Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Rabat Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Gozo Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Prague Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos